Old(ish) games with multiplayer co-op?

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
The summer hols are here, and my roommate and i are driving each other up the wall with boredom. We've just finished running through serious sam (the original and the second encounter) in co-op mode, and my roomie seemed to have enjoyed it. The thing is he only wants to play cooperative games, and his laptop isnt exactly what we'd call a gaming rig.

His config is as follows (or so he tells me):
1.8ghz amd turion
2 gb ram (shared with vram viz half a gig)
Nvidia Geforce GO 6150

Im planning to introduce him to diablo 2...but i have a feeling he may not like it. If he does, well and good...the mod comunity should keep us set for a while. Anyway, id appreciate any suggestions.

1. Dungeon Siege 2.

2. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

3. Neverwinter Nights

4. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (I think it should run), or earlier version - Winning eleven 8 (For soccer fans)

If you can get him to play Diablo 2, and he likes it, you are set for 2 months at least ! And you have a hoard of other RPGs to come later - Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate 2, Elder Scroll II and III, Sacred ... the list goes on and on. Also Starcraft if you like RTS.

Happy Gaming !

Cheers !

~M

If he is into shooters, he might like Ghost recon (older ones), Rainbow six, SWAT etc they all have co op.

Also if you can get UT2004 it has multiplayer with bots.

Diablo 2
Titan Quest (D2 clone with modern graphics. Highly recommended.)

Ghost Recon (the ooold one)
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
SWAT 4
Doom 3 + Last Man Standing mod

If you mean online co-op the, Ghost Recon series is the best.

Try out Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon Desert Siege

Ghost Recon Island Thunder.

Also try out the Splinter Cell series.Maybe upto Pandora Tomorrow.Chaos Theory may prove too much for hes laptop.

F|0ccY said:
Also try out the Splinter Cell series.Maybe upto Pandora Tomorrow.Chaos Theory may prove too much for hes laptop.
Don't waste your time trying to get Chaos Theory co-op to work. I tried for 2 hours and the client player kept getting disconnected right away upon connecting.
After some googling I learned that it's a known issue.

It's a shame because the co-op maps seemed very interesting. Not to mention the game freakin' owns.

F|0ccY said:
Don't waste your time trying to get Chaos Theory co-op to work. I tried for 2 hours and the client player kept getting disconnected right away upon connecting.

It's a shame because the co-op maps seemed very interesting. Not to mention the game freakin' owns.

saumilsingh said:

Thats odd, IIRC, I had to download and install a patch to get Chaos Theory working online.Yes, the game's co-op campaign and spy vs merc owns.

i appreciate the input guys, i installed pandora tomorrow, and i can only find the spy vs merc mode. there is no co-op mode as such, or am i missing something?

The Co-op mode was available from Chaos Theory. Pandoras Cell only has multiplayer no co-op mode.

You can try No One Lives Forever 2, that had a co-op mode but i am not sure how long it is.

My suggestion just try to get him addicted to some RPG like Diablo or NWN, you can have hours and hours of co-op play

Back