Olx fraud please help extreme breach of trust please help if u can

subham

Grey matters here
Adept
So this incident took place on 11th September
It was evening time , a guy same age as of mine came to collect a mobile phone on his brother behalf
Who was out of patna , he checked everything after checking all things he told he(actual buyer) will pay me on google pay or
Phonepay unfortunately at that time I didn't brought my another mobile which had the apps installed, I told him to pay and send me
Screenshot which he did by first paying me 1 rupee and then 10,300 I have him the phone after seeing the screenshot
After reaching home I found out that I have received only rs.1 and not the amount after that was 10,300
I called him and he shared me the screenshot again and also shared his upi transaction history details
However upon calling Paytm I found out that rs.1 was sent to me but rs.10,300 was sent to someone else not me
He is now saying that it's paytm's fault not his and he sent the money on the given no of mine and if it goes to someone else then what he can do which is bogus according to me since is not ready to meet me or send me video of the transaction details since
According to my knowledge he has sent 10,300 to his known person and edited the screen shots
I have all the screen shots of the chat and the call recordings
My only fault was I trusted him and the screenshots after his way of talking

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-03-316_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-03-316_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-06-676_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-06-676_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-11-894_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-11-894_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-14-350_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-20-18-14-350_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-30-50-483_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-30-50-483_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-40-05-646_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-40-05-646_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-40-43-273_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-21-40-43-273_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_2020-09-11-22-03-42-635_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-22-03-42-635_com.whatsapp.w4b.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-25-01-311_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-25-01-311_com.android.mms.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 266
So the number in paytm screenshot is yours?
If yes then I think its paytm liability to check and rectify the mistake. Contact them with the upi reference number.

So the number in paytm screenshot is yours?
If yes then I think its paytm liability to check and rectify the mistake. Contact them with the upi reference number.
Yes the number is mine and I have contacted Paytm they have told me that the amount is transferred to someone else not me and it's very very unlikely that this kind of issue can happen from Paytm upi , also the things which increases suspicion is that the person is not ready to meet and neither he is sending me video of the same screenshots and one more thing is that when you look at this image closely you will find that both fonts and have difference the above one is a bit blurry when zoomed compared to the below one how can that happen if both payment is sent to me

Attachments

• IMG-20200911-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20200911-WA0012.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 262
The fonts do look different and have signs of tampering. Try pressuring him that you'll file an FIR complaint. Collect as much information as possible if you wish to go through with it.
Paytm they have told me that the amount is transferred to someone else not me and it's very very unlikely that this kind of issue can happen from Paytm upi
If Paytm could provide this as a written statement or some medium to you for legitimacy, it would definitely help to pressure that person even more.

The fonts do look different and have signs of tampering. Try pressuring him that you'll file an FIR complaint. Collect as much information as possible if you wish to go through with it.

If Paytm could provide this as a written statement or some medium to you for legitimacy, it would definitely help to pressure that person even more.
I have the call recordings of talks with paytm in which they say that the funds are not transferred to means if there is some kind of screenshot like these then these are fraud and wrong and this the reply I got from him see attached screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-25-01-311_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-25-01-311_com.android.mms.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 269
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-58-44-550_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-58-44-550_com.android.mms.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 224
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-58-50-200_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-58-50-200_com.android.mms.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-58-59-141_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-58-59-141_com.android.mms.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-59-11-585_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-13-17-59-11-585_com.android.mms.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 221
I have the call recordings of talks with paytm in which they say that the funds are not transferred to means if there is some kind of screenshot like these then these are fraud and wrong and this the reply I got from him see attached screenshots
From what I can gather, the person is not sending the transaction reference number (with your name) to you as a video right? That's definitely a scam right there. Probably should get right into action with an FIR and not keep the person entertained any longer.

Dude anything can be edited in todays world even on phones without even proper PS knowledge and these fraudsters already do the homework before duping.
I will say don't delay and rush to police station explain them the situation. Better take someone elderly or someone in govt. services for firm action.
Also, before proceeding, first email paytm with those transnational screenshots and let them respond on email and this will be a valid evidence from paytm as well.

Last edited:
I M so much frustrated after this I am not able to sleep as I have trusted(my only mistake) and this kind of fraud happened I just wish if I had called someone at home and told to verify the amount I just wish, I don't know what to do next shall I go to police station because bihar police is very non cooperative when it comes to deal with online transaction or anything related to online they just say go to cyber crime (have experience from previous fraud happened with friends) this is one of a kind fraud a didn't get a slightest of doubt that the screenshot might be tampered

I M so much frustrated after this I am not able to sleep as I have trusted(my only mistake) and this kind of fraud happened I just wish if I had called someone at home and told to verify the amount I just wish, I don't know what to do next shall I go to police station because bihar police is very non cooperative when it comes to deal with online transaction or anything related to online they just say go to cyber crime (have experience from previous fraud happened with friends) this is one of a kind fraud a didn't get a slightest of doubt that the screenshot might be tampered
Nothing will happens when you go to the police my advice bear the loss and move on happens to me in the past in some other way , dont think much about it but be careful from next time

Have u checked your bank account generally upi transfer straight goes to bank account linked also do check your Paytm bank account also not the wallet.

Have u checked your bank account generally upi transfer straight goes to bank account linked also do check your Paytm bank account also.
Yes bro 10 times only 1 rupee received by him no amount after that he duped me very badly simply on my blind trust I am also angry on myself and I also don't want him to let go just like this , these kind of people who breach the trust of common people should be taught a lesson so they don't even dare to dupe someone's hard earned money

The seller wrote "Jo krna hai tumko kr lena"... the audacity.

Looks like you'll just have to bear the brunt of this monetary loss. Is he even responding to your texts now or calls?

Yes bro 10 times only 1 rupee received by him no amount after that he duped me very badly simply on my blind trust I am also angry on myself and I also don't want him to let go just like this , these kind of people who breach the trust of common people should be taught a lesson so they don't even dare to dupe someone's hard earned money
The 1 rupee u received where it went in your wallet or bank account?

Check your Paytm bank once.

Paytm>Passbook>Paytm account.

The 1 rupee u received where it went in your wallet or bank account?

Check your Paytm bank once.

Paytm>Passbook>Paytm account.
See
Harsh kumar is his name
Post automatically merged:

Anyone who works in Punjab National Bank or whose relative works in pnb please help to get me his address his account is of pnb

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_191332_1.jpg
    IMG_20200913_191332_1.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20200913_191345.jpg
    IMG_20200913_191345.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20200913_191359_1.jpg
    IMG_20200913_191359_1.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Just go to your nearest police station and lodge a formal complaint.Write on two pages and deposit one in police station on second one get your complaint number with police station stamp.This will become they call in in police language nubri darkhast they will have to act on this.If they gets you your money back they will send report to SP office for closing matter(Dafter Dakhil)If they can't get your money they will lodge a FIR and send to court and arrest that person.

Sometimes while doing Paytm transaction in swiggy it is getting failed in swiggy but money is getting deposited to Paytm account instead.
Maybe sometimes the fault might lie with Paytm also
But in your case that fellow has done cheating by planning before hand.
File a complaint in the nearest police station.
We should not keep quiet because these guys will keep on cheating guys like us if they aren't stopped now.

Here a complaint can be filed in either 2 places
Like cause of action arises from your place and from the cheaters place so you can file a complaint in either of the police stations.

Fret not buddy because justice can be got but it takes times and patience. That's all.

Sometimes while doing Paytm transaction in swiggy it is getting failed in swiggy but money is getting deposited to Paytm account instead.
Maybe sometimes the fault might lie with Paytm also
But in your case that fellow has done cheating by planning before hand.
File a complaint in the nearest police station.
We should not keep quiet because these guys will keep on cheating guys like us if they aren't stopped now.

Here a complaint can be filed in either 2 places
Like cause of action arises from your place and from the cheaters place so you can file a complaint in either of the police stations.

Fret not buddy because justice can be got but it takes times and patience. That's all.
I will try at my place first since I can get reference here in my locality

I will try at my place first since I can get reference here in my locality
Yes this is a good thinking.
Don't loose patience because in a police station many cases will be coming so it will take time for yours to be solved or sorted out. So don't loose patience and also you have to provide everything in documentary mode like all the conversations and payments what ever happened and what ever the police walas ask.

Every police man is like us only and there should not be any discrimination shown based on region because of too many cases coming every day it might take some more time to sort yours.

And be polite to them and tell them clearly everything. Okay.
Good luck.

My suggestion, don't let it go. File an FIR, these scams happen a lot nowadays, so one should be double sure about all these thing

Never trust a stranger, even though they might sound legit.

Paytm is useless when comes to dispute, I also had similar problem in the past, and they will simply raise their hand and ask us to settle (buyer and seller). If they had a similar dispute mechanism like American express, Paytm would've grown much bigger.

Don't give up

Back