Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV

t3chg33k

Skilled
This is Mark IV and it's priced around 30k, not sure what's the catch here

Stock clearance for items they have been unable to sell for years. There is not much of a market for this kind of "step up from smartphone" creative photography segment, so probably selling it off at close to cost.

Also OM doesn't list this on their website apparently, so support is an unknown, most probably won't be entertained.

This is Mark IV and it's priced around 30k, not sure what's the catch here

I think its the lens bundle with the Mark IIIs ...14mm-150mm ve 14-42mm in this case.

I think its the lens bundle with the Mark IIIs ...14mm-150mm ve 14-42mm in this case.
The 14-42 is going to be much better for portraits and street photography, the 14-150 for landscapes. If you are not into landscapes or zoom photography, then the kit lens should be good.
Online shopping has really skewed our thinking. There's a Croma store 5 mins away and it never occurred to me to go there and check availability. :)
In Mumbai, I had all my recent online purchases shipped from their warehouse through Bluedart. Couple of years ago, the delivery person used to be a guy from the local store.

No guarantee you will find what's available online at the local store nowadays.

The 14-42 is going to be much better for portraits and street photography, the 14-150 for landscapes. If you are not into landscapes or zoom photography, then the kit lens should be good.
Is trading Sony a6300 for the mark IV worth it, I know it's a smaller sensor but it's got 5 axis stabilisation and the price makes it irresistible. Also how is the lens market for the Olympus, do they have good affordable lenses?

Is trading Sony a6300 for the mark IV worth it, I know it's a smaller sensor but it's got 5 axis stabilisation and the price makes it irresistible. Also how is the lens market for the Olympus, do they have good affordable lenses?
Nvm the autofocus seems to be not that great. But the mark IV has the same sensor as the EM5 mark III, which is a 20mp sensor.

@solo_wing I'd suggest getting the mk IV since it's newer and has better sensor, assuming both don't get cancelled.

Probably not worth it. Stabilisation is a plus but you will also lose out on focus points, ISO range and as you stated, the sensor size.

Wouldn't think the M43 lens market is thriving but you should find few options with Panasonic keeping the segment alive.

Is that Olympus 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6 II?
Yes it is the same lens. It usually retails at 50-60k if I am not wrong. At this price it looks like a steal deal. Awaiting the delivery and I will keep you updated.
Nvm the autofocus seems to be not that great. But the mark IV has the same sensor as the EM5 mark III, which is a 20mp sensor.

@solo_wing I'd suggest getting the mk IV since it's newer and has better sensor, assuming both don't get cancelled.
I agree with that. I missed this completely or else I would have gotten the Mark IV. Yes it has same sensor like the EM5 and probably similar level of weather proofing too. At this price it is definitely a steal as MIV is retailing at 70-80k in the open market.

Last edited:
Yes it is the same lens. It usually retails at 50-60k if I am not wrong. At this price it looks like a steal deal. Awaiting the delivery and I will keep you updated.
Damn I thought that lens was similar in price to the kit lens in mk4. With that lens the mk3 looks like the better deal.

Damn I thought that lens was similar in price to the kit lens in mk4. With that lens the mk3 looks like the better deal.
The 14-42 is about $100 and the 14-150 about $300. But the 14-150 struggles a lot with portraits compared to the kit lens. The ideal suggestion is to get a 40-150 along with the kit lens. But if you are not investing in glass, then 14-150 is the better option out of the box for the price.

Received the product today.
Delivery partner was Bluedart - Shipped from Hyderabad - Total time taken = Two and half days.
The package was well packed and in sealed condition.
Manufacturing Year - October 2022 - Made in Vietnam.

Coming to the product -
The camera looks fantastic in silver and black. It was nicely packed and definitely has feel when held in hand. I have previously used Sony A6000, and when compared to that, Olympus is way much better interms of build quality and anesthetics.
The lens is also packed in a foam wrap with a polypropylene protective casing.
The battery provided has very low charge and I just plugged in the charger provided. I will have to test the camera still and I will keep you guys updated.
Overall fornow, I think this is a wonderful purchase from Croma, and I would definitely recommend it to my fellow readers before it goes out of stock.
I have attached the photos of the camera.

Delivery partner was Bluedart - Shipped from Hyderabad - Total time taken = Two and half days.

Coming to the product -
The camera looks fantastic in silver and black. It was nicely packed and definitely has feel when held in hand. I have previously used Sony A6000, and when compared to that, Olympus is way much better interms of build quality and anesthetics.
The battery provided has very low charge and I just plugged in the charger provided. I will have to test the camera still and I will keep you guys updated.
Overall fornow, I think this is a wonderful purchase from Croma, and I would definitely recommend it to my fellow readers before it goes out of stock.
Much appreciated.
Thanks.

Coming to the product -
How does it perform in low light? I checked out a few reviews and people kept bringing up poor low light performance.

Coming to the product -
Money does a disappearing act everytime I want something :arghh:

How does it perform in low light? I checked out a few reviews and people kept bringing up poor low light performance.
this is entry level easy to use camera but with some pro level images atleast for its time and still relevant today to some extent.

I think this deal is sweeten because of this lens specially and not for the camera much.

The lens is very versatile and shows quite interesting performance in landscapes photos.

I have seen some low light images on the net and they are decent. Not too bad specially for images taken without tripod as this camera has amazing 5-axis stabilizing which makes it easy to for those long exposure shots.
However, the images are not exactly sharp and just about does the job.

My opinion is based on whatever reading I did on internet . Envira should have a better answer.

I am expected to get mine soon but I am not sure if I should keep it or return it.

Edit.
@envira can you please check the manual and see what is the usual operating temperature rating for this camera.

I want to use it in some cold environment and may not work out for me as expected.
came across this video that does talk a little about low light performance

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I think this one is the updated Mark IIIS model with better low-light performance than its predecessor. A few shots I have taken with this camera turned out to be great. What I liked was the stabilization which is really good. The deal breaker here is the lens 14-150 lens which is quite capable. I still have to use it for a while to comment on its capabilities and its performance.
This video discusses its low-light performance - Link

Got mine. decided to keep it after going through some more reviews and your comment.
Was planning to reject it and get refund.

Saw it is now out of stock too.

Mine is March 2022 import.

battery put to charge.

I almost got this lens for Bokeh effect.

7artisans 25mm F1.8 Manual Focus Prime Fixed Lens for Olympus and Panasonic Micro Four Thirds MFT M4/3 Cameras - Black https://amzn.in/d/gLZ79Ry

But thankfully went through Google and researched more to find does not fit the olympus mark 3s due to the headplate bumping with flash body.

Otherwise would have completed my full kit.

Having said that been taking some really satisfying pics.

Attachments

• P4200392.JPG
    P4200392.JPG
    318.6 KB · Views: 18
  • P3050095.JPG
    P3050095.JPG
    581.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P3050100.JPG
    P3050100.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-20240419-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20240419-WA0009.jpg