Omega-3 fish oil capsules in India

@geek anish,

You are a nutritionist?Then you are the right person to suggest, apart from Ultimate Nutrition I think.Or are you looking for consultation fees?:p

That side effect might be a problem.I read that some ppl who take O2 fish oil pills, also smell fishy(hehehe!) when they sweat. And I sweat a lot, thanks to Blore getting warmer and warmer :X

Udayrulz.. thanks a lot for the ebay link.I might just order it :)

A few questins to the OP........

1. Why do you need O3FA?
2. Are you strict vegetarian? or eat non veg too?
3. If non veg food makes up your diet, how many times a week you eat nonveg? how many eggs you eat a week?
4. How much milk you consume?
5. What are habits you presently having? like tobacco / cathechu / beetle nut / alcohol / smoking?
6. Whats your age?
7. Whats your body weight?
If you can answer all question true to your heart, you will get your answers automatically.

Omega 3 fatty acids are nutrition supplements, but more useful to cancer patients or cardiac patients. Or to the persons having extra risk of these diseases.

If you thinking of taking 1 tin of these capsules will make you invincible to diseases or make your bady like Ranbir kappor or make your skin glow like Katrina Kaif then you have got a wrong prescription mate :p.

If you food habits are healthy and contain enough amount of milk / fruits / meat / egg / nuts / vegetables and most importantly water then you are getting enough of all nutrients.

I hope above information has cleared your myths, stay away from commercial preparations.

Still if you are insisting on taking it, then a pharmaceutical preparation called GLACEX from GSK pharma is good also contains additional vitamins. Its costly (i think 10/11 rs per capsule) and yes its marked Red for non veg contents. I have been using it to good effect in my patients with tobacco abuse.

BTW the earlier link of wiki article is really enlightening.

raptor3624 said:
@hacker,
Snake oil?:huh:dude.. I hope u meant it as a joke.

In cryptography, snake oil is a term used to describe commercial cryptographic methods and products which are considered bogus or fraudulent. The name derives from snake oil, one type of quack medicine widely available in 19th Century United States.

Am yet to find the best vfm for omega 3s just wanted to add that oemga 3 are very important and its better to spend money on omega3s instead of creatine and other caffiene based horseshit.

Hacker said:
In cryptography, snake oil is a term used to describe commercial cryptographic methods and products which are considered bogus or fraudulent. The name derives from snake oil, one type of quack medicine widely available in 19th Century United States.
For a second there i also thought he took the term literally given the context :lol:

I thought Seven-Seas Cod Liver Oil capsules were good for this, but somebody (non-professional) suggested that these should not be taken during Delhi summers. Why are you so keen on it anyways?

Back