Omnia Hd I8910 16gb VS Apple Iphone 3G 16gb - which one to buy ?

Charun

Skilled
hey members another help thread created by me,
now i am getting some offers for these mobiles -

Samsung Omnia HD I8910 16gb with 5 months warranty and Apple Iphone 3G 16gb

now the question is -

1] Which phone is superior ?

2]Omnia has symbian platform which is very very bad whereas iphone UI is very good

3]Omnia has 8mp with LED flash whereas iphone has only 2mp camera

4]The screen size of Omnia hd is 3.7 whereas Iphone - 3.5

5]I have used iphone so know about its touchscreen but what about Omnia's touchscreen ?

can the experts please help me ?

iphone 3G is a dumb phone. if possible, get iphone 3GS atleast. Also, there are better phones than these two. like HTC Desire, Samsung B7610 etc. What's your budget and what are the requirements.

[OT] @OP: At what price your are getting the Omnia HD?

@desiibond: I want a smartphone, preferably android, capacitive touch screen, 3.2inch or more (mainly for browsing), good camera and music support, budget the least the better :D

Please don't suggest spica, as it's not available anywhere :(

swastikrj said:
actually i am not buying new ones i am buying them 2nd hand

so budget is very less
how much? among the two you mentioned, Samsung Omnia HD I8910 16gb is the better pick (actually, lot better even though the OS is becoming old). Reasons are:

1) Bigger, sharper and better display

2) Better audio quality

3) far better camera

4) superb procressor (Cortex A8 that powers iphone 3GS)

5) out of the box divx support

6) much better talktime

desiibond said:
how much? among the two you mentioned, Samsung Omnia HD I8910 16gb is the better pick (actually, lot better even though the OS is becoming old). Reasons are:

1) Bigger, sharper and better display
2) Better audio quality
3) far better camera
4) superb procressor (Cortex A8 that powers iphone 3GS)
5) out of the box divx support
6) much better talktime
TechHead said:
^add to that HyperX's custom ROMs. Excellent VFM.

thnxs guyz for the help and i am getting the omnia for 19k whereas iphone at 16k

so which one is better ?

and what about the touchscreen of omnia guyz ?

Still Omnia is much better. The capacitive touch on Omnia is definitely good and given then it's AMOLED display, it will be lot better for videos etc and at the same time, consumes less power.

Even w/ andy's latest rom (Hx v5), the UI was still a bit laggy at times, but with the launch of SPB v3.5 for S60v5, accessing apps and stuff is so much easier and convenient.

The only issues still left are music player KS, no mkv/h264 support, no VOIP and no Call recording.
If you can live with these issues, then go for it! Plus you have a shit load of apps for s60v5.

One more thing I would like to mention, the app RoadSync, which comes free with the i8910.

It's a killer app which along with your mail, sync all your phone contacts, calender with Google.
Also have a look here - http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/i-haz-hd-phone-150129.html

Yep mohit, the omnia OP is talking about belongs to me currently. m using Hxv5 on it and i havent faced any lag issues till now. though SPB shell has added some charm to it. call recording wares are there. but i didnt find any of those any useful. mkv supports suck sometime. can expect it in future through some firmware update. Kastor effects also add to the phone's beauty. if the deal goes on, i'll give him hxv6 on which Andy is currently working. Hope to get something better with it.

and +1 to Roadsync.

hey guyz its more confusing now

its like getting omnia - 50%, Iphone - 40% and Sony Xperia X10 mini and HTC HD mini - 10%

its very very confusing for me as nokia n73 is the one and only phone i have bought in my life so far

swastikrj said:
hey guyz its more confusing now

its like getting omnia - 50%, Iphone - 40% and Sony Xperia X10 mini and HTC HD mini - 10%

its very very confusing for me as nokia n73 is the one and only phone i have bought in my life so far
still, x10 mini and HD Mini too stand no chance against Omnia HD. What you can do is check with Samsung if you can get warranty extension on Omnia HD, in which case, you can be a bit relaxed.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
dont make baseless statements.
thanks for the suggestion sir! If you have better suggestion, please do offer to the OP instead of posting these useless posts!

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
dont make baseless statements.
Dude, its in no way baseless, look at the specs of the Omnia and the Iphone, calling the iPhone dumb is very much an under-statement!

Ranging from the AMOLED Screen to the 8MP camera to the A8 processor the Omnia kicks the Iphone's a$$!

teja92 said:
Omnia HD anyday......

Superb phone and a good VFM phone at that price..
till now omnia has got more votes than iphone

will wait for a week and then buy after my exams

so a week time is left - more comments from other members needed :)

Back