On Airtel, religion and the hindu woman who complained on Twitter

Is it that hard to ask to be positive ? instead of parroting out the sky is falling

See, the position i don't want to be in is, media says if this party wins or we do this then the whole world goes to hell. Then THAT party wins. What to do ? be depresed for the ENTIRE term they are in office ? what ?

I accept whatever the people choose and i'm going to stick by them until the next one comes along

Thanks, but I am more of a practical guy than an optimist. It served me well through out my life. I don't jump off a building thinking "positive" thoughts and hoping that there is cushion below to save me.

Thanks, but I am more of a practical guy than an optimist. It served me well through out my life. I don't jump off a building thinking "positive" thoughts and hoping that there is cushion below to save me.
Not about optimism. It's about being positive. Can't beat BJP by saying don't vote for BJP. Have to offer a viable alternative. Is there one ?

Course if the economy detoriates as you predict it will then they will be gone but i'm withholding judgement on that until closer to the time

No second guessing, no fear mongering, no playing astrologer

The recent Palghar elections, besides the calls (all automated calls) and sms (deleted all sms's), i kept getting hammered on youtube too. The BJP had made a youtube channel with 3-4 promo vids on them and Google used to put them before any video i wanted to watch. Imagine this every day including day of polling too. I wanted to complain to voting commission but apparently the rules don't say anything about bombarding citizens / voters with polling propaganda before or during polling day. Model code of conduct only talks about not talking hate or other flame speech by bringing religion, caste or creed into political speech. There is no mention of giving out money etc. I read it on wikipedia. Maybe wiki is wrong or the code is lenient now.

I always wonder why some people raise their bp for no reasons. That lady is no one related to you and if you are so much concerned about women image go join some ngo or social welfare group. If one is pissed off so much his her mood can get spoilt and can name anybody anything. Thats completely understandable.

People like you flame it making it personal for no good. That person just expressed what he went through may be his way is wrong but who is 100% right. Well if he didnt respect that lady its his problem but who are you talking some trash about respect, what respect and manners are you showing here by the way? I see more dirt and aggression in you here. Well you must be working somewhere right on some job? So for the salary you getting you have actually made a sale of yourself and i'm damn sure you arent churning 1cr per month not even per year right. Then whats the shame or harm if somebody is selling himself for 1cr.
And if you are so much concerned about upbringing then open some ashram or school only for upbringing purpose you have no right to make somebodys expression a personal attack ground and flame the war as if you are some God gifted wisdom and have never uttered bad words, never killed insect or never even watched pron forget that you must be the one like gandhis... hit me on one side and turn on the other for hitting again.. If yes then you should be labelled as a Saint on this forum.
And as for badge you surely earned one Saint badge & if you want to be a mod here then better request to the mods rather than crying and taunting on others badges mr perfectionist.

You know what if you are so much pissed off better leave this forum and go find some saint serene forum or open your own.

Nope he wont as he feels he is a so called Saint or should we say the last saint of this era. Slut is a sinful word for him so even if tomorrow some woman accuses him of something he hasnt ever done he will show his sainty side and apologize for something he didnt do but will never utter a bad word on her ..why?? as he never gets irritated, fryustrated etc..as its his Upbringing man. Saint!!
For 1 lac? joke. he already feels 1cr is very cheap so this guy will only get sold off if given an entire continent or ruling on some galaxy.
This guy shows he never gets annoyed nor irritate frustrated nor anything one one side and but expresses his irritation or frustration by attacking somebody who doesnt even know him. Great going talking about badge earning ethics and upbringing. He thinks he is one and only mr perfectionist in all stages of life.

If someone kept harrasing me with incessant phone calls, and begging for votes that too, i would call them a slut too.

And nobody here is naive enough to refuse something like 1cr for a vote. NOBODY is that principled. Easy to sit in from of a screen on a high horse. Pretty sure you would sell your vote for even 1 lakh.

I never said don't accept money or otherwise. All I said you can't blame someone for offering money and create a helluva tantrum and then accept it. You can't have it both ways.

I am not sure what yardstick you have but that guy called me a dog, a lady a slut. No matter what, this kind of language is unacceptable in public discourse. Maybe its ok on TE now, seems to a be a norm, especially in this thread.

@Julian I am not judging you, so don't judge me. If you can stick to a proper discussion that'll be good.

@ashish I have spent a considerable amount of my life on TE with relentless work and contribution w/o any remuneration, so have others. I am not a saint & asking for a clean language shouldn't be that hard. I keep this forum in high regards, but if this the level we are talking about then I'll gladly have my account revoked let alone leave this forum. Unlike you, I list my work as TE mod in my resume and judging by the level of discussion it doesn't seem healthy to do so anymore. I digress.

Is it incomprehensible to ask for a clean discussion?

That's all for now. Sorry if I pinch a nerve.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all, mind your language please. Just because someone has a different opinion to yours, doesn't mean that you call them names.

...a lady a slut...

Just like there are good and bad men, the same applies to women too. And every woman is not a lady. There's a specific definition to the term.

Also, see the 3rd point here: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/whore?s=t

AFAIK, a whore is not a lady.

Of course, this also applies to those accepting money for votes too :rolleyes:

I don't really give a sh!t about being politically correct, either on this forum, or in real life. I call things out as they are. People don't usually like this. Tough.

Back