Car & Bike On Tata Nano

= Alpha release of a tata car. I'd wait for at least 3 more years for a stable release and lower price. paying the entire price up front for a chance of getting the car is ridiculous :S

I'd say avoid , buy a new/second hand m800. it would still have less problems than a nano.

Nano's ideal for peeps who carry about 3-4 pillion riders on the average splendor/passion and is probably their first investment on a car. Good economy. No idea about the safety though.

Just my 2 cents. :p

Application form cost is Rs. 300, (offline). The cost of the Online Form is Rs. 200/-.

Cost of the form is non refundable.

Booking amount for NANO variants is as mentioned in the table below:

Model Amount

Nano BS 2/ 3 95,000

Nano CX BS 2/3 1,20,000

Nano LX BS 3 1,40,000

* Tata Motors would announce 1,00,000 successful applicants as allotees within 60 days of closing of booking window

* 1,00,000 succesful applicants would be selected using the pseudo random number generation technique

* The price of Tata Nano as announced on date of commercial launch (23rd March, 2009) would be applicable for all 1,00,000 allotees*

* You can check the status of your application by keying in your UIN on Tata 'NANO' - The People's Car from Tata Motors or by calling on the call center number 020-66495678

* Allotees would receive an allotment letter which would also mention the expected period of delivery

* A communication regarding the status of the application would be sent all applicants via SMS or email based on the contact details mentioned in the application form

* Refund (without interest) to all unsuccesful applicants who have not opted to retain their booking with Tata Motors would be processed within 90 days of closing of booking window

Hight of exploitation of consumers, charging application fee (non refundable), making the customer to pay almost entire money even without giving a confirmation that consumer will receive the product

If not allotted, consumer has to wait for 90 days simply for the refund to be processed.

Consumer has to wait for about 5 months to know his luck.

Tata planning to use the consumer's money for entire project??!!

supposing 1 million people book nano, tata will get 300 million rupees on application fee alone, which tata will keep it with them !

The Nano version with A/c costs close to 2 laks, for this money you can get a M800 and drive peacefully.

Nano as a car still needs to prove on the road !

Tata's After sales service - ???!!!

My advice would be for the budget buyer: GO GET A M800 and be happy.

BD, From what the road tests have to say, it does seem like a good car

Unfortunately (and no thanks to Mamta Banerjee), it would be ages before we can lay our hands on one...

Having said that, If this was readily available, I'd have probably got one in a blink for my office commute... I think it would make a great city car and also fairly capable of doing small highway trips...

Also, given the simplicity of the car , there isn't much that can go wrong as far as niggles go

One reason the 800 is considered very reliable is its simplicity, and am guessing so will it be with the nano

I think they have tested this car out considerably and TATA themselves have a lot pinned on this car. Technically it should be ok but their sales policies are a different matter.

Considering that they plan to release it internationally it should be safer than the Maruti 800 , it has abs , airbags the works and i guess crumple zones and all should be better designed

I'm mostly worried about the safety of this vehicle - I mean are your knees the crumple zone?

All those families who have scooters and bikes will now upgrade to a Tata Nano, not only will this add to already a huge number of vehicles on the road but will make parking a nightmare in metros and urban places.

I doubt the car wilth such small wheels and tires will handle well on poor roads in small towns and villages.

Frankly, the car is a little late, This concept should have been realized 3 years ago.

zibalingz said:
I'm mostly worried about the safety of this vehicle - I mean are your knees the crumple zone?

All those families who have scooters and bikes will now upgrade to a Tata Nano, not only will this add to already a huge number of vehicles on the road but will make parking a nightmare in metros and urban places.

I doubt the car wilth such small wheels and tires will handle well on poor roads in small towns and villages.

Frankly, the car is a little late, This concept should have been realized 3 years ago.

Meets all safety requirements

- The Nano's safety performance exceeds current regulatory requirements. With an all sheet-metal body, it has a strong passenger compartment, with safety features such as crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats and anchorages, and the rear tailgate glass bonded to the body.

- Tubeless tyres further enhance safety.

10CHARSSSSSSS

Heck, i dont know what safety features the nano has, but it would be better than an auto for sure. For years people have been riding an auto without complaining about safety.....

Also read/heard that there is no boot door in this vehicle. I think we need to pull forward the back seats to store something in the boot space. That sucks!

apparently its a good vfm car for intracity commute.

i am almost certainly going to book the middle version on the day booking opens and then wait for my luck to shine.

this will serve as a second city car specially for my wife to commute between work and home.

this car is not *INDICA* which when released for the first time was a progressively testing experiment for tata and still(V2,vista or whatever!:p)

--

Nano is a simple car.AFAIK ,Only it's twin cylinder engine's noise which can be a deterrent to the passengers.that's all.

with a average mileage of 23kmpl(approx and realistic) ,this is the CAR for the unfortunate people who are stuck with Bike carrying whole family on it.

Three Cheers for TATA's Nano.

This car is not the One for someone who owns 10-12Lakh car already. :cool:

It Must be a nice idea ,if TATA Launch Nano Europa *now* on Europe and USA.they can sell much more numbers overseas.Recession time is the best for cars like Nano.

prakashan said:
This car is not the One for someone who owns 10-12Lakh car already.

Lame! No, really.

For a city commute there's no harm in getting one Nano than taking a fat-ass car, finding hard to get along the curves and corners. Not to mention the ample parking space around. :|

This car is sure to saturate the market!

Being cheap, many people who want a vehicle will buy this car as the first choice because of the price. A 5 lac difference between this and a mid sized vehicle is a lot to save. Or if we take a small car there's almost 2.5-3 lac difference. thats another nano in that price!!

IMO most Indians go for price not quality, so this is sure to get overbooked more than 10-20 times on the opening day of bookings.

This car is what we techies call VFM, sure there are better ones out there, but this aint bad and at this prices nothing beats it..

As for m800..really what makes people suggest a decade old car in competition with the nano...

I love the nano and tis features, personally i dun like small cars but this one is sexy...

Wish there wouldnt have been any production delays:(

The only thing positive that might come out of the Nano is that rickshaw drivers might switch to the Nano. I'm hoping that would translate to lower noise and emissions.

But, since most rickshaws now run on CNG, that might not happen. I wish tata would have been more responsible and introduced a CNG version. In recent years, I feel that they have lost all sense of responsibility and professionalism with their businesses.

Back