Onboard network slot - Asus A8NE (driver problems)

Kneo

Adept
Hi,
I am using Asus A8N-E motherboard and have recently got myself Triband. this is the first time I am using my onboard network port. The port kept on showing problems in Device Manager, so I installed the old drivers which came with the motherboard CD instead of the updated nVidia chipset drivers downloaded from the website.

After this the network port started working but I still have to restart the PC after changing IP/DHCP/DNS settings. Also, the DHCP keeps on hunting for the IP and shows similar notification in the tray. Somehow I still feel that this is a driver issue.

Any solution ? If I get myself a wireless card will it affect the triband speed and resolve this problems?

Thanks

^^^try assigning static ip(i.e wrt pc and ur router)...this static ip is different from whch the server assigns to your router...get into the tcp/ip properties of ur network card...manually enter following parameters...

ip address:192.168.1.3

subnet mask:255.255.255.0

default gateway:192.168.1.1

and the defalut and alternate dns servers as entered in your router(default triband dns servers)...save and restart your pc...and then try...hope this works...:)

no, the wireless card wont affect your speed...they are sought to support maximum bandwidth of 54mbps...but may affect depending upon the signal strength...

are u sure...ok then try removing these settings n check "obtain ip address automatically"...btw was it working properly bfore this problem occurred..???

No. Doing that doesnt help. Its been around 8 months that I have got myself a new rig but I had disabled the onboard network port as I was not going to use it until now. This is the first time that I have enabled it. I know that it cannot be a hardware problem as it is working with a set of old drivers (provided on the mobo CD). Also, the router's DHCP may be a problem by itself isnt it (I actually checked it on my notebook and found that the DHCP was working fine).

I was just wondering what is causing my PC's network card not to pick up the IP from the DHCP. I tried manually releasing and renewing but that doesnt help either.

ok...

1. are you using windows xp sp2..?

2. is your net working fine on your other system(laptop/pc)..?

3. is dhcp enabled in your router settings..?

also try this thing...under tcp/ip properties, click on advanced and under "WINS" tab check "enable NetBios over tcp/ip"...see if this helps...and do get bck with the queries...

Back