One guy on 'GamingIndians' seeks donations for his mom's cancer treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
I came across this thread via some friends.

Donation's for Moms treatment - GamingIndians

One guy, who goes by the nick ~Sc0rp!0GuY~ in GamingIndians forums, seeks donations for his mother's cancer treatment.

He is from Bangalore afaik.

The process is being facilitated by another member going by the nick killzone123, is helping arrange funds and transferring it to the beneficiary.

He is from Kolkata afaik.

If anyone wants to donate to the cause, with or without personal investigation, at their own risk/responsibility, please do so.

I personally do not know any of the above 2 and me nor TE will bear no responsibility for your decision. :)

Mods: if this violates any rules or has been posted before, please delete this thread. :)

killzone is a pretty old member in GI and have helped a lot many people personally when trades have gone wrong, and he is very paranoid as such, so I guess he would have done his investigation all right before getting involved in something like this.

Thanks for letting us know bikey....

I think it would be best if someone from bangalore can investigate before helping. And also let us know the authenticity. Would help so that we can contribute without skepticism.

sheet!! :(

I had put 'please check this thread' in the title.

Now it shows only 'please check'.

Mods- do something please. :)

thebanik said:
killzone is a pretty old member in GI and have helped a lot many people personally when trades have gone wrong, and he is very paranoid as such, so I guess he would have done his investigation all right before getting involved in something like this.

Thanks for letting us know bikey....

paranoid...:mad:

lol...well yea i have done my investigation from my side...people in gaming indians know about this matter fully..i am actually handling all the donations in that forum since i am more regular there...
if anyone wants to investigate ...you are free to do so...but i would like to ask you guys if you can help in this matter it would be really appreciated...
i will speak to kartik(scorpioguy in gi) to follow this matter in this forum also...
you can still pm me if you have any doubts about it.

Lots of trades over in GI have been dedicated to the fundraising (where the proceeds go to the fund), most I seem to recollect by killzone.

starchazer said:
^^ So you've seen the situation personally? Or know someone who confirmed it for you?

i am from kolkata buddy...the guy who is in problem is a friend of mine through forums only...

Donation's for Moms treatment - GamingIndians

this is the gaming indians link...people can go through it and check about the matter...

as for investigation well members from gaming indians who are in bangalore,few of them have the medical records and papers with them..since they are trying to get help also...i also have the medical papers and records etc...

i just spoke with scorpioguy...he is currently outside and will be coming online later and update this thread about the total matter also...plus you guys can go through the gamingindians link i provided above...

as i said i dont have any problems nor i think scorpioguy will have if anyone wants to visit his house or check the medical records also....so you guys are free to do that too...

bottomline is that the financial requirement of this whole thing is quite a big amount of money for which we are currently accepting cash donations by members whtever they can manage...plus people are donating stuff also in GI which we are putting in auctions to get money that way also...

frankly i dont know many people here nor i am a regular...but if you guys are willing to help in whtever little way we can work out a proceedure here also...

because any little help is a big help in this type of situation...any more doubts queries...feel free to ask me

fangface said:
Hey,

I think these guys might also be able to help - Cancer Patients Aid Association: Cancer Patients Care India, Largest Cancer NGO in India, Rose Day - Love, Support & Care for Cancer patients Cancer Patients Aid Association.

It might help if the patients family gets in touch with them. The CPAA can help coordinating donations and stuff, i recently dontated online through their site to help someone out.

is this in bangalore^^^

well i gave him ,plus many other member already gave him few ngo etc..but mostly they are in mumbai or other cities.Still not able to find some Ngo or charitable org in bangalore who can help him.

the problem of a Ngo outside bangalore is that,he has already taken loans from credit card companies,his workplace etc...and if he leaves bangalore to another city for treatment surely he will lose his job,because this treatment will take 2-21/2 months.So he wont be able to pay the EMI that are already there.Secondly he is married with a child also so he has to support them too and without a job he will be in a bigger mess

So if anyone knows any NGO or charitable org in bangalore who can help in such a case please let us know....surely we would love that and will try there too...

killzone123 said:
is this in bangalore^^^

well i gave him ,plus many other member already gave him few ngo etc..but mostly they are in mumbai or other cities.Still not able to find some Ngo or charitable org in bangalore who can help him.

the problem of a Ngo outside bangalore is that,he has already taken loans from credit card companies,his workplace etc...and if he leaves bangalore to another city for treatment surely he will lose his job,because this treatment will take 2-21/2 months.So he wont be able to pay the EMI that are already there.Secondly he is married with a child also so he has to support them too and without a job he will be in a bigger mess

So if anyone knows any NGO or charitable org in bangalore who can help in such a case please let us know....surely we would love that and will try there too...

They do help people in Bangalore. The patient i donated for is based out of Bangalore (Patient Case File Link- Casefile - We can beat it - Help cancer patients) , they are an NGO with centers across India, its not that they provide the cancer treatment. Also donations made here can be deducted from income tax, also much smoother than coordinating cash donations.

fangface said:
They do help people in Bangalore. The patient i donated for is based out of Bangalore (Patient Case File Link- Casefile - We can beat it - Help cancer patients) , they are an NGO with centers across India, its not that they provide the cancer treatment. Also donations made here can be deducted from income tax, also much smoother than coordinating cash donations.

thanks for this :hap2: surely will ask him to try this...if it helps in anyway it will be really good...he will update this thread after speaking or contacting them to let you know what happened...

edit-well i gave him this same ngo myself...he is trying there too..sorry did not check the link properly when i posted the reply....yea its a really good ngo i also know...anyways he will reply about what happened after contacting them

^^^

Just hope they can help him out :)

Edit- Oh cool! I didnt know much about them, only got to know about them a month ago, but they seem pretty good.

fangface said:

Awesome man .. that's really useful.

Killzone123 .. can you ask your friend to try to associate with that org ? I am sure many of us will be able to contribute then. And of course people outside of these forums can too.

fangface said:
^^^
Just hope they can help him out :)

Edit- Oh cool! I didnt know much about them, only got to know about them a month ago, but they seem pretty good.

well we are trying NGO etc for quite sometime now but nothing was getting concrete results...so thats why we started the donations etc in GI.because we really dont know by when we can get a ngo to help in this matter,
but his mom treatment cant be delayed for this reason.already she was delayed for treatment so we started to make donations to atleast try to do whtever we can from our end and also try for ngo's at same time.

starchazer said:
Awesome man .. that's really useful.

Killzone123 .. can you ask your friend to try to associate with that org ? I am sure many of us will be able to contribute then. And of course people outside of these forums can too.

well as i said i already had given him this same link much before but he was trying there and nothing concrete result we got till now...

secondly as you are saying bro that to get associated with it,its the best thing.but frankly we dont know how long it will take for it to happen,and 100% sure they will help us also...like i mean to say they or any NGO have not given us any guarantee till now that they are taking up this matter.

so all that will take time as far i can see...but as mentioned above his mom cancer treatment which is already delayed cant be kept waiting on something we are not 100% sure of when it will happen(ngo help)...that is the only reason we started donations to atleast keep the treatment on without anymore delays and side by side try with charitable org and ngo...

^^ They can help in fundraising which I believe through them can be much quicker.

So ask them to accept your case (which I am sure they will) in a kind of urgent basis and list it on the website (like others listed there) so many can donate online.

starchazer said:
^^ They can help in fundraising which I believe through them can be much quicker.

So ask them to accept your case (which I am sure they will) in a kind of urgent basis and list it on the website (like others listed there) so many can donate online.

well as i said we are trying with few ngo including this,,,nothing concrete has come up till now...still we will keep trying with them...
i know it will happen fast the fund raiser..but in that hope we just cant be sitting and waiting for it to happen...thats why we started the fund raiser itself

Party Monger said:
Have you visited the local cancer hospital??
Many doctors do work there for free..

he visited many doctors and hospitals as far i know...and no one has agreed to help for free...nor treatment nor medicines

killzone123 said:
well as i said we are trying with few ngo including this,,,nothing concrete has come up till now...still we will keep trying with them...
i know it will happen fast the fund raiser..but in that hope we just cant be sitting and waiting for it to happen...thats why we started the fund raiser itself

Of course. I am not saying what you are doing right now is wrong. In fact it's good to keep multiple channes open at a time. Can't rely on one. But I am just saying you should really pursuade those NGOs as they really have a LOT of sources and means to get these tasks done. I remember an NGO from mumbai helped a kid and raised plenty of amount for his treatment in just about a week. I am really not understanding what you mean by nothing concrete has come up .. aren't they taking the case seriously? Or not giving the case the attention and swiftness it deserves?

Also did you try posting an ad in papers, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back