One more suggestion thread to buy a new phone

neostan

Disciple
Tried to update my iPhone 3G to iOS 4 and phone is katput now :'(. Seems like I have to pick up a new phone , thought I would try Android after some research short listed these phones.

HTC Legend

HTC Desire

Nexus One

Thought about Samsung Galaxy S but ebay has it listed for 37K:no:....Suggestions please and if possible a better source because right now I m looking only in ebay.

Nexus One > HTC Desire >>> HTC Legend

The N1 and Desire are 95% similar but the N1 has the awesome colorful trackball, voice text and noise cancellation vs 64MB extra RAM on the Desire. Sense UI has been ported to the N1 already so there's no advantage for the Desire. At the end of the day though, they are very, very close and you'd be happy with either one.

The Legend has a good shell but the black area beneath the screen looks yuck. It has a way slower processor and the HVGA resolution might actually be a disadvantage in the coming months. Plus, it's just 5K less than the Desire which is almost nothing when you're already shelling out 25 large.

@neostan Samsung Galaxy S is selling for 28k in select stores in India. Check in Samsung flagship store in Forum Mall, bangalore if they have it. It's better than Legend or Desire of N1.

RD274 said:
Uptill 25k you're better of taking the Motorola Milestone. After that is the X10, Legend and Galaxy S....
The X10 might be a sexy piece of kit but it's pretty sluggish while using Timescape and Mediascape. I had an X10 for a couple of weeks and can honestly tell you that for any heavy FBer/Twitterer, this is not the right phone as it takes ages to load it up. Plus, the BIG worry with any SE phone is post-sales support. Only God knows when (and if) SE will release an update to Eclair, let alone Froyo. And the worst part? The X10 might not even qualify for Gingerbread, as I have outlined HERE.

Can't really comment on the Galaxy S since I haven't even seen it in real life, let alone handle it. But again, just like SE, Samsung are known for being unreliable with phone updates. Anyone who has owned any of the Omnia phones will know what I'm talking about.

neostan said:
Thanks gforce..still looking inputs on samsung else planning to pick N1
yes. N1 is a good phone to have for longterm use and looking at the rumored detail on Android 3.0, very very few phones are going to get it. "http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/rumored-details-android-3-0-aka-169711.html" and N1 is definitely one them. GS will get it too and phones like Legend, Desire, X10 most probably wont. This comes into picture if you prefer keeping the phone till end of 2011.

desiibond said:
yes. N1 is a good phone to have for longterm use and looking at the rumored detail on Android 3.0, very very few phones are going to get it. "http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/rumored-details-android-3-0-aka-169711.html" and N1 is definitely one them. GS will get it too and phones like Legend, Desire, X10 most probably wont. This comes into picture if you prefer keeping the phone till end of 2011.
like wise !

Kewl thanks for the replies...X10 is out of the question tried my hands on it not very satified with it .... Milestone already my friend has it dont wanna go for it thats why I did not list that in the first place

After few more digging came to conclusion to pick either Samsung Wave or N1....I knw Samsung wave runs on Bada new OS not much apps around but the display rocks as far I have checked online....Now stuck between N1 or Samsung wave. Could some one enlighten me how the audio performance is with N1 I m nt sure whether any 1 here owns a Wave, if yes could they pls temme about how its on Wave also....Thanks for all your support folks !!!

Finally decided picking up HTC Desire and Samsung Wave....Wave if for my friend and I will be using Desire, if at all I like Wave since I will be buying it tommr. and if I like will go for Galaxy S

Back