One of my best Digital Paintings

Deathdart

Disciple
Hi,
This is a painting I made using only digital paint in Corel Photopaint 12 and vector illustration in Adobe Illustrator 10. Its quite old, but I thought I'd share it will all the nice people here at TE. :)

Please feel free to leave some comments and critiques.

Regards,
- Deathdart

Very nice painting there.Those birdies r soooooooo cute! :hap2:

Didn't know its digital art When i saw that on ur deviant art site i thought u hand painted it :)

Sure, I'll try. But I doubt that many people would like Corel Photopaint over Adobe Photoshop. I don't use PS, so my tuts would have to be for Corel PP 12.

Deathdart said:
Sure, I'll try. But I doubt that many people would like Corel Photopaint over Adobe Photoshop. I don't use PS, so my tuts would have to be for Corel PP 12.

Well you can do Illustrator tuts. I for one would love to have some.

And indeed the painting is supercool.

Thanks for the comments guys! :D

I would have posted Illustrator tuts, but I'm really not too good with Illustrator. I just use it to make basic outlines and background fills for my drawings and then give them a nice paint and shading and stuff in Photopaint. If the guys here would like to work with Photopaint, then I'll be glad to post some tutorials. :)

OK, I'll post a small tutorial on how to paint the birds': feathers, face etc. And I'll make it more general so that Photoshop users can also be benefited from it.

EDIT: I would appreciate some more comments and critiques on the painting :)

Too good man , just curious , how many days it took ??

Waiting for the tut , hope it will help in learning coral photo paint and Adobe illustrator.

@delhiboy1000: Yep, I also do traditional painting. In fact, I've passed my Intermediate Grade Drawing Exam with a B-grade (same grade as my teacher :p).

@blaster: I took me about 2-3 days I think. I don't remember exactly. But I think it was a total of about 5-6 hours' work.

@All TE members: I have posted a tutorial for making such birds. Please have a look:
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6188

Last edited by a moderator:
Back