One of the best Windows DAW (600USD) for free

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Music production softwares specially the DAWs are very expensive or have highly restricted free versions.
However GarageBand for Mac is free. There was nothing free for Windows till 2018. And then came the shocker...Sonar ( the TOTL Platinum version!!) became after Bandlab bought them.
I had it on my laptop for a long time but never really used it, yesterday played with the latest version. Hands down its MUCH better than GarageBand.
Now called Bandlab Cakewalk, the legendary DAW is completely free with regular updates, even the basic version of Melodyne comes free with it, no strings attached!!
It's a VERY POWERFUL DAW and many records have been made in this DAW diring the Sonar days.
So please stop using cracked Ableton/ Studio One and learn this monster of a DAW...it has EVERYTHING!!
A very expensive DAW gone completely free and the amount of loops etc you can get is endless...it comes with a drum replacement program too!!
What more can someone want in a free DAW, no limitations!!

Music production softwares specially the DAWs are very expensive or have highly restricted free versions.
However GarageBand for Mac is free. There was nothing free for Windows till 2018. And then came the shocker...Sonar ( the TOTL Platinum version!!) became after Bandlab bought them.
I had it on my laptop for a long time but never really used it, yesterday played with the latest version. Hands down its MUCH better than GarageBand.
Now called Bandlab Cakewalk, the legendary DAW is completely free with regular updates, even the basic version of Melodyne comes free with it, no strings attached!!
It's a VERY POWERFUL DAW and many records have been made in this DAW diring the Sonar days.
So please stop using cracked Ableton/ Studio One and learn this monster of a DAW...it has EVERYTHING!!
A very expensive DAW gone completely free and the amount of loops etc you can get is endless...it comes with a drum replacement program too!!
What more can someone want in a free DAW, no limitations!!
Which DAW are you talking about which got free ?

Now Windows users can confidently say they have a better free DAW than Mac!!
The more I use this DAW, more I get impressed. Sure, it's not a modern DAW like Bitwig, but works good and has brilliant plugins.

Yes, this new Cakewalk by Bandlab is really awesome. They are literally giving away a 600 USD DAW for free!!
Windows now need something free like the photo app and iMovie...there are free alternatives for sure, but those are not polished enough like Cakewalk.

Yes, this new Cakewalk by Bandlab is really awesome. They are literally giving away a 600 USD DAW for free!!
Windows now need something free like the photo app and iMovie...there are free alternatives for sure, but those are not polished enough like Cakewalk.
Why are they giving it for free btw?

Cakewalk was possibly bought by Yamaha then to Gibson ..with current situation of Gibson, it was not a viable option anymore. Bandlab bought it ( as their only DAW was an online one) and distributed it free for musicians.
What I really like about this approach 1: Bandlab is not infested with the EDM producers, it's mostly used by real bands with real musicians and instruments.
2: It's being updated by musicians, not DJs etc. So we can have a proper musician's DAW which is not too caught up with beat matching etc. ( Sure, it can be done too)
3: It has a beautiful integration with Addictive drums ( as Sonar used to give AD2 with 2 adpacks for free) I have bought the entire AD2 years ago, it helps a lot in programming drums ( I can't play drums at all) once you are done with your drum track, you can easily replace the samples with SD3 ( best acoustic drum VSTi for now..hands down)
Programming drums in Ableton / Logic is also very easy, but I feel much more confident with AD2 ( using it for years, know everything about it)

Back