Budget Above 40k One Plus 10 Pro or S21 FE

I wanted to gift my sister a new phone. But I’m confused whether to gift her an iPhone 13 or Samsung S22. Need help. She is currently using an iPhone 11, and is interested in a Samsung but she like iOS too :S

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 64500

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6 inches +

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM would be great

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: Both would work

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung S21 FE or One Plus 10 Pro

If you are looking for android i would suggest to go for S22+ as s22 doesnt have a good battery. If you are restricted between op10 pro and s21fe , imo s21Fe Is a better choice overall. Good camera and performance, one ui has become cleaner and recieve faster update.

iPhone 13. Good battery, chipset, camera. You don't have to go through the pain of switching from iOS to Android (data transfer etc.) and start over with new different UI.

iPhone 13. Good battery, chipset, camera. You don't have to go through the pain of switching from iOS to Android (data transfer etc.) and start over with new different UI.
These days it is not a pain at all. Switched to a samsung from an iPhone last month and it was super easy. Just need a lightning to c type cable. When the Android setup process asks, do you want to transfer from an older phone - click yes. In 2-3 clicks all data and apps are transferred. WhatsApp chats too are transferred. Super duper easy.

New UI is a personal preference ofcourse. I moved from a 60hz iPhone xs so I am absolutely loving it on Android. The only thing I miss on the iPhone are skin tones for my son's photographs. The iPhone used to botch up my skin tones but did a great job with my son's. Samsung is the exact opposite. I click a lot of photos of my son so still use the iPhone even without the sim.

If you are quite fair, iPhone takes better skin tones and samsung turns you pale and too white. If you have a medium Indian skin tone, iPhone turns you orangey (not natural, just orange) and Samsung looks more natural.

The only thing I miss on the iPhone are skin tones for my son's photographs. The iPhone used to botch up my skin tones but did a great job with my son's. Samsung is the exact opposite. I click a lot of photos of my son so still use the iPhone even without the sim. If you are quite fair, iPhone takes better skin tones and samsung turns you pale and too white. If you have a medium Indian skin tone, iPhone turns you orangey (not natural, just orange) and Samsung looks more natural.
Does this happen all the time or only indoors under artificial lighting ?

Easy fix. Neutralise orange with blue (cool it) , add yellow if too pale (warm up).

It should be under white balance in any decent photo editor.

Funny, I thought the iphone did better with coloured people than white.

Now tell me what happens if both you and the son are in the same photo :D

Last edited:
Does this happen all the time or only indoors under artificial lighting ?

Easy fix. Neutralise orange with blue (cool it) , add yellow if too pale warm up).

It should be under white balance in any decent photo editor.

Funny, I thought the iphone did better with coloured people than white.

Now tell me what happens if both you and the son are in the same photo :D
This happens in articial lighting. Under natural lighting, both look similar. The Samsung is sharper due to newer hardware but if you don't zoom in, they look very similar. I slightly prefer the color treatment of the iPhone but would be fine with either.

My kid is beginning to move around so there are many photos each day, not possible to edit all. But yes I do warm up the pics at times.

And when there are both of us in the pic and I need to edit, Snapseed has a brush feature. It allows you to change the temperature selectively.

Back