Android One plus acting weird

My one plus one is acting weird after the kitkat update. Whenever i keep the phone in my jeans pocket for some 10-15 minutes and remove and start using it acts weird. The screen becomes un responsive. The phone heats up and automatically the phone starts some random app.

Thanks in advance.

Have you installed any apps recently post which the phone started acting weird, if it is just the upgrade, then backup your data and factory reset the phone.

I had similar problem a few times after the upgrade to CM12. This problem seems to be common. For me the solution that worked was to disable the gestures. But looks like this solution does not work in all cases

I too have disabled the gesture but the problem still persists. The solution to this it seems is to buy a flip cover or keep the phone screen on flip side when keeping in the jeans pocket. :)
But still a permanent solution is required.

I too have disabled the gesture but the problem still persists. The solution to this it seems is to buy a flip cover or keep the phone screen on flip side when keeping in the jeans pocket. :)
But still a permanent solution is required.

I have been using it with a flip cover from day one and maybe that is why I dont face this issue!

This also happens if you use simply the Swipe lock feature. Happened with my Xperia Z3 as well. First I was shocked for the exact kitkat update but now i use pin code as lock so no more issues.
Also have if your jeans is way too tight or you put hanky ane phone in same pocket then too this issue persists.

^^ Have you tried switching it OFF and ON? /s

Just disable the wakeup options and gestures in Display settings...
try for 2-3 days, if its fine then, wait for update... else uninstall the app which does this...

^^ Latest update....
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/an-update-on-cm12-and-oxygenos-06-09.315438/

Some of you have been experiencing touchscreen issues, we've gone through several iterations of the fix to make sure the solution works with the different panels we have, and eliminated some of the side effects we've seen like battery drain and mura effects. The last iteration is undergoing stringent testing, it's looking stable and promising. Both OxygenOS and CM will get the latest fix

keep your fingers crossed...

The rumor of a hardware problem, OnePlus not admitting it and the continued shipping of the phone (with the possibility of the problem still existing in them) is scary. Especially if it'll void the warranty.

I don't think its a hardware problem as the recent fix update had sorted it out completely on my phone, there was a battery drain issue with this fix. It was working fine on CM11 and problem started after updating to CM12.

If you apply the new touch screen patch then it wont overheat and drain battery AFAIK , anyway I gave mine for repairs and got it back after 3 weeks now everything works fine on every firmware and every ROM .

Back