Android OnePlus Nord is a "budget phone"

I seriously doubt any of you fans of the small form factor are gonna get any happier in the future. Companies are now starting to innovate towards dual screen devices instead. I recently shifted from a 6 inch screen to a 6.7 inch because the 6 inch felt too small for media consumption. The overall form factor didn't increase a lot because the previous phone had buttons and bezels unlike the new one.

Yeah small phones are not gonna happen. They will make like 1% for the niche and price it exorbitantly.

For (portable) media consumption i have two tabs. Any trip i can't carry the tabs, i probably don't have time to enjoy watching media anyway, so a big phone for media is moot. I dunno, i like listening to quality audio but there are people who think portable Bluetooth speakers sound awesome. I guess for those types of people, media on a phone works too.

To put usability in perspective, my Redmi2P was perfect one-handed, redmi 3 & 4 were manageable, but the Asus 5z i can use maybe half the screen and that too with the risk of dropping it. I've never used a case but now do and absolutely hate it.
Post automatically merged:

Samsung M01 ... light weight/small too
Umm, 4gb was a minimum at least a year ago. Today...

I've never had much success with Levi's fit. Wrangler skanders on the other hand fit perfectly. Except for the pockets due to the low waist. Not sure if I've tried the 501. I have only one pair of Levi's now, will check what model it is. Weather here is overall too crap for jeans though anyway.

I mostly just use these for everyday casual use. Cheap and ultra comfortable. Dunno if it's a bit chavvy but i don't care.

I'm no fashion expert, but those track pants do look very comfortable. Yes, jeans are not really comfortable for Indian summer.
501s are not really fashionable these days, they are those super old fashioned buttoned jeans ( no zipper)

Cam is actually one of the least important parameters for me in a phone. My redmi4 was perfectly adequate for my needs and it was ultra low specced. Thing is, when i'm buying a new phone i want a good spec for a reasonable price, which is not unrealistic today, except from google. And maybe OP now. Oh and the single sim is a deal-breaker.

For now i'm ok with the 5z, but will most probably upgrade (downgrade?) as soon as a smaller, well-specced and priced phone comes out. Which is probably never. Current phones have gone beyond phablet to small-tablet size and there seems to be no end to the size madness.

Samsung? Not following.

Trousers are kinda ok, it's jeans that are trouble. Sometime in the last two decades they decided than even men should wear low waist jeans like chicks, and that too with tiny pockets...
Yeah, I meant jeans.
From what I recall Samsung started the trend of going beyond 4.2" screen phones. I recall because I was having the exact same conversation with my elder cousin when I wanted to go for big screen(reasonably sized) while he was suggesting to go for a relatively smaller sized phone.

When the product you headed does so bad you get sacked!
Before you tell me that he "left" voluntarily yes I know that many news carried that, BUT,
Screenshot_20201014-120026~2.png

Hope the money he spent to pay MKBHD to advertise the phone didn't come from his pocket :p

When the product you headed does so bad you get sacked!
Before you tell me that he "left" voluntarily yes I know that many news carried that, BUT,
View attachment 91970
Hope the money he spent to pay MKBHD to advertise the phone didn't come from his pocket :p
Seems he joined Nord vpn or they offered him a job..

This big phone madness has to stop. Thankfully managed to survive this year too thanks to the pixel 4a. If you think Indian youtubers are hyping the nord, you should look at the US ones. The damn phone is not even sold there and they're falling over each other praising it, and people are importing it at prices more than the pixel 4a and the OnePlus 7T even

This big phone madness has to stop. Thankfully managed to survive this year too thanks to the pixel 4a. If you think Indian youtubers are hyping the nord, you should look at the US ones. The damn phone is not even sold there and they're falling over each other praising it, and people are importing it at prices more than the pixel 4a and the OnePlus 7T even
Big phone shit is not gonna stop but will go on increasing till a full fledged laptop size as these cos. dont know how to house a battery.
And given the features they are offering soon we will end up with phones requiring a dedicated exide car battery or directly work like a landline with a 230v 3 pin AC plug.
Phone is no longer a handy device.
May be in 4-5 yrs we will see phones bigger than refrigerators...with cameras with a lac mp and telescopic features people will soon start discovering their own personal galaxies and planets and might even perform self medical operations at home with microscopic cameras etc.

Last edited:
Decent sized phones are making a comeback. Pixel 4a, iPhone SE 2, iPhone 12 mini.
I hope the Pixel A series maintains this size.

Honestly, OnePlus Nord seems to be really ineffective and I would never go for something like that in the name of 5G. It has tricked people into a Snapdragon 5G chipset many of my friends bought it. Tell you what, they are now looking for buyers of their devices and are ready to sell it at half the cost. And this is all the fault of OnePlus. In the process of trying to be cheap, OnePlus made some really terrible decisions in terms of chipsets and this would really affect its market in the long term. If you look at the upcoming Nords, the brand is trying to enter the budget segment with cheap Snapdragon chipsets.
Well, I think Nord 10 and Nord 100 would be good sellers because of the reputation that OnePlus has earned over the years, but they would soon see a downfall after people realize that their performance is not actually good. In the process of trying to be cheap, OnePlus has really degraded its quality and this would not be helpful at all for the brand. They can at least take some good Mediatek 5G chipsets if they want to lower the costs, because these chipsets can make the smartphones affordable and offer good performance as well. Hope OnePlus realizes its mistake very soon.
This was already highlighted by me earlier..

Integration of 5G Network in India is still a couple of years from now.
Using it as a selling point is a pure marketing gimmick.

Back