Video Onida 32" LCD Tvs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plasma technology is obsolete in a way, but picture clarity is way superior!!!! But I would not spend my money on something that I would have to throw away a few years later. When we replace televisions we move them to another room or give it away as charity, not throw it in the garbage bin. Sadly, thats wht you hav to do with a plasma when the gas burns out!!!!!

Tribal

my plasma has a life of 60,000 hours. that's enough i think :S

even if we take it as:
10 hours per day, the tv can last for almost 18 years, if taken proper care.

amit, plasma is cheaper than lcd, and bigger in size. sounds good to me. :eek:hyeah: its up to you, i recommend plasma if you have a tight budget :)

I have seen quite a few plasmas. They are good for watching DVD but our normal cable channels look crappy on those. So they will be good for DVD and xbox360 or ps3 but not for watching cable tv.

I guess products like Progressive-Scan Component VGA Box can help this choppy video problem. But it can set back by another 50$.

P.S. I just finished laying down the electrical, Jello Coxial, Cat6 and 5 pair Tele wire at home (renovation). A total of 82 Kgs of wire has been installed. :p

No way Onida can be better......Just some days back I had been to a Vijay Sales showroom and had seen a Sony, Onida and a Samsung LCD kept together.....In picture quality and sharpness nothing beats the Sony......Onida pictures are not that sharp.....

scarezebra said:
In picture quality and sharpness nothing beats the Sony......

Have u seen Sony LCD/Plasma side by side with Philips pixel plus series LCD/Plasma... if u have seen it u wud never tell that sony's picture qual is the best...

I have seen them side by side playing the same movie(LOR).... Philips beats the sony hands down in picture.... there is no way comparing them.....

I have very good experience from Onida. I have Onida TV for last 12 yrs, and no problem with it. whereas I have Sony Hi-Fi and car music System with VCD, both has some problem, I got these two sony product from Sony world, mumbai. Now you judge what is long lasting and good performer. Sony is producing themself in jazzy way whereas Onida is presenting themself for quality. Jazzy adds on TV chages the mind of peoples watching it.

According to me Onida is good choice... It is upto you to decide.

One issue with going to a retailer to check out TVs side-by-side:M The default contrast and brightness are turned waaaaaay up, so as to ensure the brightest, most in-your-face experience. May not be the best way to compare, unless you are allowed to manually adjust the settings on the TV.

Judge any company after testing there Customer Service Response.

Just ask some questions about the product you interested to each Brand Owner and wait for reply.

In my Opinion Philips is No.1 Customer Service though I never had any Philips Product, they reply my each and every mail and also offer New in exchange of OLD FAULTY DVD Player to one of our TE member, 2nd place goes to Onida customer service though some of there Numbers didn't reply you ever but once you get reply you will be assured to get good service (my personal experience till today - don't know about coming years).

Sony doesn't have there plant in India while Philips and Onida Have same in India.

urInformer said:
I have very good experience from Onida. I have Onida TV for last 12 yrs, and no problem with it. whereas I have Sony Hi-Fi and car music System with VCD, both has some problem, I got these two sony product from Sony world, mumbai. Now you judge what is long lasting and good performer. Sony is producing themself in jazzy way whereas Onida is presenting themself for quality. Jazzy adds on TV chages the mind of peoples watching it.

According to me Onida is good choice... It is upto you to decide.

One cannot compare the life of two different kind of products. A TV set has no part inside that is subject to wear and tear. Not so with Hi-Fi systems, car music systems with VCD. You have the magnetic heads and rubber belts of the cassette mechanism and the optical head of the VCD reader.

Ok gurus,

Which one will be the cheapest 32" LCD TV among all brands(sony,philips,Onida,samsung,Lg.....etc). Please consider the latest price drop in this festive season.

For CRT I ONLY like Philips 29PT9421, its Pixel Plus 2.......100Hz......SIMPLY AMAZZZZZING.

Where I can buy it in delhi at best price if i go for this TV ?

Regards.

n00b question: Whats the difference between plasma and LCD, technically and visually ? How to identify them in the showroom ?

kalpesh said:
n00b question: Whats the difference between plasma and LCD, technically and visually ? How to identify them in the showroom ?

LCD : liquid crystal display
Plasma : gas based (more availability in big sizes 40"+)

to identify.......ask the dealer :bleh:

I have seen an LG slim tv for as low as 18k. But I dont think thats the way to go. LCD is the future for India, present in most developed countries. In my recent trip to Europe I saw 32 inch LCD TV at around 800 Euros which is around 48k Indian Rupees. Do we have any LCD TV's in India in that size and that price mark which are hdtv ready? I dont mind gray market. As long as its new.

guys......

I have an internal source in Onida...........can get a 32" LCD for 57K around. BRAND NEW........i know well enuff, its JVC inside.

So what you guys sugesst ?

I would say wait for a year or two for the prices to come down. Its always better to buy post diwali when the prices fall. You can get the same TV for 45k once the diwali and lcd hush hush is over. Wait it out, as you will repent later.

^^ You mean that offers in Diwali are not good enuf ? Generally they dole out a lot of freebies during diwali isnt it ? Thats not the best time to buy ?

Samsung's 32 inch LCD bordeaux series was introduced for 1.2 lac initially.
They introduced a special price of 99K for the Football word cup.
As soon as the wordcup was over the price dropped and the current price is around 75K.
Its always good to buy after a festive season.. u lose on the free stuff n lucky draws ..but u save a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back