Onkyo - HTS - 3300 - Increasing HDMI Port

technofast

Huh?
Adept
I recently gave my Onkyo 3300 Receiver to my friend. This receiver has 3 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output. The 3 ports have already been connected to a gaming console, DTH box, Nvidea box. He now needs to connect a blu-ray player but since he is out of HDMI port, is there any way the Blu-ray player can be connected? He does not want the Blu-ray player to be connected through co-axial cable. Tried the HDMI splitter but not able to get it to work or not sure how to make it work. Any suggestions?

I recently gave my Onkyo 3300 Receiver to my friend. This receiver has 3 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output. The 3 ports have already been connected to a gaming console, DTH box, Nvidea box. He now needs to connect a blu-ray player but since he is out of HDMI port, is there any way the Blu-ray player can be connected? He does not want the Blu-ray player to be connected through co-axial cable. Tried the HDMI splitter but not able to get it to work or not sure how to make it work. Any suggestions?

Use a HDMI switch. Most of these Switches are auto detect. (You can connect multiple inputs to the switch and based on which input is receiving signal the output from that device will be sent to the receiver. In case more than one input is switched on you need to manually select the input on the switch. Some switches come with remote). I have a Kinivo powered Switch that works fine.

Use a HDMI switch. Most of these Switches are auto detect. (You can connect multiple inputs to the switch and based on which input is receiving signal the output from that device will be sent to the receiver. In case more than one input is switched on you need to manually select the input on the switch. Some switches come with remote). I have a Kinivo powered Switch that works fine.

I have this below HDMI switch but then the one output from the Onkyo receiver is connected to the TV. How do I connect this switch to the receiver?

https://www.amazon.in/rts-HDMI-Swit...25Gp2IgBRIYLULvzl68Wt97yMZjKEgxwaAjS3EALw_wcB

Edit: deleted due to wrong info

sorry op.

Last edited:
@skoka123 is right. Use a HDMI switch and this will allow you to use the Onkyo for audio. My colleagues use a similar setup in their homes (albeit, with Denon)

The one I have mentioned with the amazon link, will that do? It is a cheap switch but I can buy a quality one if it works good. I will also try to connect it as 6pack has mentioned.

The one I have mentioned with the amazon link, will that do? It is a cheap switch but I can buy a quality one if it works good. I will also try to connect it as 6pack has mentioned.

The one in the link you provided should work. I do not think you want to connect the way 6pack suggested. If you connect all your sources including the receiver to the switch then you will not be able to route the audio over HDMI to the receiver. Ideally you should be connecting the receiver output to the TV and the Switch output to the receiver. Your A/V devices will be connecting to the inputs of the Switch. You need to cycle through the Switch inputs (there should be a button for it) in case the Switch does not do the auto detection.

The one in the link you provided should work. I do not think you want to connect the way 6pack suggested. If you connect all your sources including the receiver to the switch then you will not be able to route the audio over HDMI to the receiver. Ideally you should be connecting the receiver output to the TV and the Switch output to the receiver. Your A/V devices will be connecting to the inputs of the Switch. You need to cycle through the Switch inputs (there should be a button for it) in case the Switch does not do the auto detection.
The receiver output is connected to the TV. Should I connect the switch output to any one of the HDMI input port in the receiver?

The receiver output is connected to the TV. Should I connect the switch output to any one of the HDMI input port in the receiver?

Yes. You should connect the Switch output to the HDMI input of the receiver and ensure that that HDMI input is selected in the receiver. Example: If you connect the HDMI cable from the Switch output to the HDMI input labelled DVD-Input on your receiver then your receiver should be on DVD (Select DVD on your receiver as source via your receiver remote). Now cycling through the Switch will cycle through the various devices connected to the Switch assuming they are all powered on.

Yes. You should connect the Switch output to the HDMI input of the receiver and ensure that that HDMI input is selected in the receiver. Example: If you connect the HDMI cable from the Switch output to the HDMI input labelled DVD-Input on your receiver then your receiver should be on DVD (Select DVD on your receiver as source via your receiver remote). Now cycling through the Switch will cycle through the various devices connected to the Switch assuming they are all powered on.
Thanks. It worked.

Back