Online mobile and DTH recharge: Discussion thread & Guide

Sarath_

Adept
Note: This is a copy of a similar thread on another forum. I am the original author of it.

If you know more websites or want to leave feedback then leave you feedback in posts below. I will add them to OP when time permits. If I'm not too lazy that is. :)

List of websites offering online recharge:

INDEX:

easymobilerecharge.com
freecharge
justrechargeit
mChek
mobikwik
paytm
rechargeitnow

...more will be added

You will realise that most carriers have an option to recharge your mobile thought their official website itself. Below is a list of other 3rd party websites which let you recharge in case you want to use them or for some reason the official website is down.

Specifically there are three ways to recharge online:
1. Official carrier website like https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/care/PrepaidOnlineRecharge/mobileRecharge.jsp or Mobile Prepaid Recharge | Online Mobile Recharge | Online Prepaid Recharge - Tata DOCOMO etc...
2. Official Bank website like Prepaid Mobile Recharge | Online Mobile Recharge | Online Prepaid Mobile Recharge | Online Mobile Refill | ICICI Bank India or Prepaid Online Mobile Recharge - Aircel, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Reliance India, Tata Indicom, BSNL and Virgin Mobile - Citibank India
3. 3rd Party websites ; We will be discussing these mainly as sometimes they carry offers and deals

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
easymobilerecharge
Easymobilerecharge.com-925602387s.jpg

• Payment Options:
• Recharge Failure Rate:
• Avg. time for refund in case of failure:
• Customer care / After sales service:- Email: info@easymobilerecharge.com ; Phone nos.: N.A.

~They charge Rs.2 for every transaction.
~ Allow for special recharges of any denomination. In fact the only one I know of and extensively use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Payment Options: Internet Banking, Credit Cards, ATM & Debit Cards and ITZ Cash Cards
• Recharge Failure Rate: 1-5%
• Avg. time for refund in case of failure: 1-2 weeks (not verified; will update soon)
• Customer care / After sales service:- Freecharge.in :: Complaints & Customer Support System Email: N.A.Phone nos.: N.A.
• Other Details:-

I just want to add that I have recharged for more than 10K on Freerecharge over the last year and they all have been succeesful . For a failed transaction , just raise a ticket and after 3 days the money is back .

COUPONS: freecharge is unique in it provides useful / useless coupons that can be redeemed for discounts at outlets such as letsbuy, McDonalds, Barista, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Cafe Coffee Day etc to name a few.
|| You first select the recharge amount and then you are allowed to choose coupons equal to the recharge amount.
|| Most of the coupons are not "flat discounts". Do bear that in mind.
~Rs.10 is charged as postal charges for the coupons~
Personally have used the coupons at letsbuy (500off), McD (saved Rs.50 at each instance) total savings 500 approx, Cafe Coffee Day (free coffee) savings upto Rs.300, Pizza Hut -Rs.100 odd saved

• Payment Options:
• Recharge Failure Rate:
• Customer care / After sales service:- Email: ; Phone nos.:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• It is a mobile app based on Java Also comes pre-loaded on Airtel SIMs
Works with: Symbain S60 v3, ? ? ?(feedback needed)
• Uses (uncharged) SMSes to connect with mchek servers and not GPRS/3G
• Works for: Airtel, DoCoMo
• Payment Options: CC, ?
• Recharge Failure Rate: N.A.
• Avg. time for refund in case of failure: N.A.
• Customer care / After sales service:- Email: support@mchek.com ;Phone nos.: 022 4005 3888

• Payment Options:
• Recharge Failure Rate:

• Payment Options: Net Banking, Credit Cards (all master, visa and american express cards), ATM & Debit Cards and Cash Cards.
• Customer care / After sales service:- Email: care@paytm.com
; Phone nos.: N.A.
• Other Details:- Mobile app available for Nokia(Java), Android, BlackBerry, Apple iOS (coming soon)

• Payment Options: credit/debit/cash card and net banking
• Customer care / After sales service:- Contact Us for Online Prepaid recharge Services for your DTH & Mobile phones Email: N.A. ; Phone nos.: N.A.

Negative: 0

• Payment Options:
• Recharge Failure Rate:

Negative: 0

• Payment Options:
• Recharge Failure Rate:

Used by; TDF members:

~
~
~

•
•

If there are any mistakes to be ironed out then do bring them to my notice.

Update 1: Would appreciate if someone could let me know how to make the spoiler tags work

Great work buddy.

I just want to add that I have recharged for more than 10K on Freerecharge over the last year and they all have been succeesful . For a failed transaction , just raise a ticket and after 3 days the money is back .

Everything is a charm right now .

Back