oops

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
NASA didn't just bring two space vehicles to Mars, but also a bacteria. The bacteria bacillis safensis is found in a room where the Spirit and Opportunity were tested. Those microbes have most probably traveled to Mars together with the space vehicles.

The fact that there now is a bacteria on Mars is a huge slap in the face for NASA, because the UN has a important rule which says that the environment on other planets can not be changed by Earth.

NASA did some tests and found out that not only the bacteria could survive the journey to Mars, but also live in the extremely cold environments of Mars.

NASA's projects are in big trouble now, because this is the first time that there is live on a different planet than Earth. And now it will get a lot harder to find 'alien live' on Mars because this will change the environment of Mars very fast.

Scientists say this now doesn't look like a big problem, but the thing is that we 'created' live on a planet which wil evolve over time and we'll be having completely new organisms on Mars within the next 100 years.

The UN is furious about this, because now all 'space rules' have to be changed and there now is live on a planet other than Earth.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,15960956%5E2703,00.html

wonders dat there wud be wars(between earth & mars ) :eek:hyeah:
i gess dat they will definetly cure the bacteria problem,

there is always the inevitability of this thing happening.
If we are going to undertake a manned mars flight, there is going to be some transfer of bacteria always. Cos the people will be living in the environment of the space ship for 1 year. you can always have some bacteria even if you fumigate before venturing out that will go with you.
I read in nature i think that this was a major cause of concern especially since the russians are preparing for a manned mission to mars and they are known for sloppy work .

Back