Windows Open ipconfig without opening cmd window

KreeHunter33

Recruit
Here is a scenario , i am managing 49 Windows servers through ARCOS PAM and for audit purpose i need to take approx. 2000 + screen shots . i have to hop from 1 server to another ......take SS and as proof show the IP address in each screenshots. so just consider this scenario i am hopping from server to server open the desired pages (gpedit/regedit/gpresult etc...) go to start > run > cmd > ipconfig and take SS......this is getting mildly infuriating....so wondering if there is a way i can directly display IP window with out going the process "start > run > cmd > ipconfig" again and again..

Note: I work in banking industry so all the servers are hardened to extreme so any installation like BGINFO etc. is not possible

Why not run a script to login and run a command you require and exit and save the outcome in a file and that file keeps on getting appended with every new login with hostname of that system. I guess you can find such script on web. Can be done in python, shell script or bash depending on your requirement.

Why not run a script to login and run a command you require and exit and save the outcome in a file and that file keeps on getting appended with every new login with hostname of that system. I guess you can find such script on web. Can be done in python, shell script or bash depending on your requirement.
As i stated this is banking environment and hardened to the teeth and nothing can be done with out FAR(Firewall Access Rule) ....which requires approval from Top brass like DGM ....if i ask for FAR for such silly reason i dont think DGM will be much happy

Considering you cannot use any extra applications, the only remotely possible option left is wrestling with powershell rpa from your own system from where you are doing this activity.
Will consider this as a non-technical question / issue, considering that even if you create a powershell script, your higher ups can claim policy violation. Without scripting or depending on another application, you cannot achieve similar tasks. So, there you go.
Also wondering whether you or your team can utilize arcon's api.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the off-topic post, but OP, why do you have two different accounts? Used different credentials from different devices or something?

Back