Linux Open Source Antivirus For Windows

el33t

Adept
ClamWin is a Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003. It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam AntiVirus engine.

ClamWin Free Antivirus uses the GNU General Public License by the Free Software Foundation and is free (as in freedom) software. To find out more about GNU General Public License and what it entitles you to, please visit the following link: Philosophy of the GNU Project - Free Software Foundation.

Features
*ClamWin Free Antivirus comes with an easy installer and open source code at no cost.
*Scanning Scheduler;
*Automatic Virus Database Updates. ClamAV team updates Virus Databases on a regular basis and almost immediately after a new virus/variant is out;
*Standalone Virus Scanner;
*Context Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
*Addin to Microsoft Outlook.

Homepage http://www.clamwin.com

Regards.

Can this be implemented on a network? Can I get the updates from a designated machine on my network as all the machines cannot be connected to the internet.

^^^ And AVG gobbles up nearly 25MB in the background. Of course, this is with all its auto-update, background-scan etc services running.

But what is the point of an anti-virus solution if it doesn't do background scan? I for one am too lazy to scan everything I plop into my system. Most of the times, AVG saves me by auto-scanning. Otherwise, even with an anti-virus installed, my system would be infected anyway.

infact i have avg and kapersky installed with all their background services disabled. run them once a week...and havent had a virus in the past couple of months. Maybe Airtel has a great detection system...cos my friends on sify are perpetualy bogged down with virii.

have kaspersky running, but hasnt detected any virus for a long time now. but it does consume a lot of mem. and airtel does seem a lot cleaner that the dial up i was using

Back