Mac OS Opencore Hackintosh - Need help!

Kirankj1724

Disciple
Hello Members! :)

This is my first attempt at trying to get a working Hackintosh.

The hardware I have is Intel NUC 8i5BEH (16gb RAM, 512gb nvme SSD).
I have spent a couple of days trying to understand the process by following "OpenCore Install Guide by Dortania" (not sure if I'm allowed to share direct links of other websites here).
I have created a bootable USB by following the steps in the guide from a windows PC (as well as a MacBook). This includes gathering the required files to populate the EFI folder for Coffee Lake processors. I have also changed the settings in BIOS as mentioned in the guide.

The process has been repeated over 10 times referring other guides/videos as well.

The issue I'm facing is, I'm unable to go past the boot menu.
When I select "OpenCore" in boot menu, the screen just flashes and nothing else happens.

Strangely, the same usb drive boots to further menu options in my windows laptop and gets stuck at a point ( obviously due to the EFI configuration not matching the processor specs of the laptop).

Looking if someone could guide me to mistake I'm making here.

Last edited:
Are you able to boot into Windows? if yes, can you give the directory structure of the EFI partition on the USB? And did you make the USB using Windows or macOS since both have different ways of working.

@ReVo_007 @Titokhan
Thanks a ton for your replies.

The issue was with NVRAM!
Fixed this by following https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/How-to-completely-reset-NVRAM/td-p/640959

I had been struggling since 2 days to understand what was going wrong and this felt like a silly thing :tearsofjoy:
Installed Catalina 10.15.7
Everything seems to be running perfectly fine.

Edit : @Titokhan BTW, I'm using the same EFI for now :)
Update post installation -

1. WiFi and BT working good, but seems like the AirDrop feature does not work as its not supported on intel cards. (correct me if I'm wrong)
2. Sleep also works as expected.

Last edited:
Back