Opinions wanted - Euthanasia

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Make it legal soon, today, right now, this very moment.

I think it should certainly be made legal. But it should be governed properly. And that is one of the biggest probems of our country. Nothing is governed properly.

But I think it should certainly be made legal. I for one, would want to die if I became terminally ill and had to undergo extensive chemotherapy and all that. No point in suffering and still living and burdening your loved ones.

And yes, your family will be heartbroken to see you die like that but it is a better option than to just exist on the planet earth.

Live your life to the fullest and when you know that you don't have a chance of living, make a doctor give you a lethal injection. Save lakhs of rupees on useless hospital bills and make sure that you enjoy till our last breath.

Well i kinda agree 2...as long as the person in question really cannot do much and others have said "is turning into a vegetable"....its better to end the suffering than to prolong one's life with possibilites of severe depression n other such pyschological disease...in the sense that of course there is a physical impact on the person but its the mind that can work overtime and make things seem worse than they actually are

@ Hacker: Yeah wat u say is true coz theyre afraid people might find ways to...how do I put it....they could bend the rules and find a form of "Legal Murder"

As nikhil said it has to be governed properly.....but its not poss in our country so its better off....maybe in rare cases it should be granted where the chance of survival is very less and it makes no sense in letting a person live and live in pain counting his days to death
Death seems better than life in such cases

Given that India is a Democracry and we are bestowed certain rights I think that we should have the right to decide if we want to live our lives in whatever circumstances that may be prevailing at the time, it is after all OUR life not the governments and it is our choice on how to do things with our life especially if it does not interfere on anothers rights [however I personally disagree with that as in it is OK even if it infringes on anothers rights but thats another subject all together]

The governemnt often takes into consideration the interests of the collective ie the nation and more importantly their own ministers but we should be able to end our lives if we want to even if it is suicide because after all if you want to give someone freedom and democracy then I think part of it is the right to death

I agree that euthansia should me made legalised b'cause-

1)the population of country is still booming
2)to prevent people frm sufferin xcessively frm a disease
3)if the person is a big financial burden on his family, when he does not want to become one...

some precautions at the same time
>>the mental and physical conditions of the subject should be analysed

>> there should also be a lmit age fr it;; otherwise u will have every other teenager who fails in the examination headin to a local clinic to get a dose of succinyl choline....... :)

by the way;; being a medico;I am concerned whether doctors will charge fees from
"Euthanised " patients or not.comment guys.

death is not cheap.

with a country like our's where flouting and manipulating rules are a norm , where corruption is so rampant and uncontrollable , euthanasia is more going to be used to suit selfish needs .

I agree..... people are definitely going to misuse this.

An old person will be forced itno euthanasia by his family for his inheritance. And other cases like this will crop up.

What I would really love is if we people in a democratic country could choose which politicians die and who all survive. Kill all the bloody criminals. Immediately, the country will be a zillion times better.
OT: Decadent Spectre --- Check the 2 links in my siggy.

@ Ice ...people are selfish...humans are selfish...they were born selfish...its a raw fact of life we are all selfish to the core even if we have a desire to project a 'good' image for pride

@Nikhil sorry d00d too loong i gave up reading long forum posts :p besides I dont really like India all that much ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm That would be very close to making suicides legal, again the question arises if the person is brain dead, who acts GOD and decides whether the person would like to live or not. Laws should be streamlined before any such step can be taken.

Aces170 said:
Hmm That would be very close to making suicides legal, again the question arises if the person is brain dead, who acts GOD and decides whether the person would like to live or not. Laws should be streamlined before any such step can be taken.

the person in question decides as it is his/her life and as for 'GOD'...

'GOD' is a belief that is not necessarily shared by every human being on the planet just because the majority believe in it somehow the majority have given it the precedence and title of 'right' and all that is 'good'...and the majority expect the minority to walk the same path they walk

'GOD' is a belief that is not necessarily shared by every human being on the planet just because the majority believe in it somehow the majority have given it the precedence and title of 'right' and all that is 'good'...and the majority expect the minority to walk the same path they walk
God is a metaphor I used, but if a person is in vegetaitve state and does not have any any will stating euthansia, then who decides to pull the plug ?

Back