Audio Oppo asking for box for TWS warranty

2.4GHz

Recruit
Hey, I'm currently many states away from my home and have been having an issue with my Oppo TWS. I went to the service centre and they verified that there is an issue, the device is legit, the product is under warranty and I even have the invoice.
What they are asking for is the Box that it came in and I don't have that here in my college. Any advice on what should i do, I've tried asking that I'm willing to pay but they don't offer that option. Any help is appreciated

It is written there unfortunately. Any other suggestions?

>2. When sending an IoT products (earphones, accessories, wearables, OPPO Pad, Power Bank) in for service, please bring a copy of the valid proof of purchase, the manufacturer's original product box and the original invoice (purchase voucher and invoice must be completed and sealed by the seller, and shall not be altered, otherwise they will be regarded as invalid). Warranty card serial number stickers shall not be torn or else the warranty will be invalid

Lol.. I didn't scroll all the way down, my bad.

If the box is at your home and your parents are there, then you can ask them to courier it to you.

Yeah, I tried but no luck there, will try once by myself when I go back at the end of this month as that seems to be my only hope. Thanks for your help!

They will repair it (or some 3rd party company will repair it) and sell it as refurbished tws. No other reason to ask for the box.
Usually TWS can't be repaired, they just ask for box to make sure you didn't steal it or some other reason, although a thief might not be able to get invoice in such cases.
As I know they go as E-waste and there is no refurbishing of TWS only maybe unboxed items being sold.

They need the box for serial numbers. Haven't confirmed for TWS but had an issue with Dizo watch(realme sub-brand)
They asked for box as the serial number was not available on bill and on the watch itself.
On replacement they didn't give the new box and only shared new serial number details

I am facing the very same issue. It is such a patently mala fide clause inserted solely to reject claims. There is absolutely no mention of this clause/policy on the box itself. No other company of repute expects you to keep boxes. Imagine if we had to keep a box for every product we owned, we'd need a god damn separate room!

I am trying to take this up with their social media team on Twitter, after running into a wall with their telephonic customer support and the manager at the service centre.

If this doesn't work, then I am going to consider filing a consumer complaint via the Government portal. This is absolutely unacceptable and unjust. And it is a stark reminder not to buy these kinds of brands.

It is written there unfortunately. Any other suggestions?

>2. When sending an IoT products (earphones, accessories, wearables, OPPO Pad, Power Bank) in for service, please bring a copy of the valid proof of purchase, the manufacturer's original product box and the original invoice (purchase voucher and invoice must be completed and sealed by the seller, and shall not be altered, otherwise they will be regarded as invalid). Warranty card serial number stickers shall not be torn or else the warranty will be invalid
Even if it has been mentioned, there is absolutely no reason to bury it deep in their policy. Do they expect every customer to read the warranty policy before junking the box or using their products?

They will repair it (or some 3rd party company will repair it) and sell it as refurbished tws. No other reason to ask for the box.
It's going to be replaced with a new piece.

Nearly same incident happened with me for the boat tws got rekt in just 6months, brother was using them so I didn't have them myself for quite some time . Went to claim Warrenty had everything(invoice+box+pair) went to the mentioned service centre which was in the city dude kept asking me to comeback after a few days repeatedly then wasted a couple of week then my father threw away the box by mistake, went to him he says need the box for transport without it nothing can be done. Not gonna buy their shit ever again.

Nearly same incident happened with me for the boat tws got rekt in just 6months, brother was using them so I didn't have them myself for quite some time . Went to claim Warrenty had everything(invoice+box+pair) went to the mentioned service centre which was in the city dude kept asking me to comeback after a few days repeatedly then wasted a couple of week then my father threw away the box by mistake, went to him he says need the box for transport without it nothing can be done. Not gonna buy their shit ever again.
I have a different experience that I saw with Boat, college roommate bought a pair of Boat TWS, one side had lower audio, he booked an online warranty claim and they came by specifically mentioning no box to be given during courier pickup and a new pair arrived within the week(tier 3 city btw, amazon takes a week here for stuff that comes in a day at my home)

BTW a small update, found the box at home, shipped it to college and then claimed the warranty. Have got a nice working pair now.

You can get a legal notice drafted, there are some companies online that provide this for not much charge and then you may send it via registered post to the MD of the company. I know seems like a task, but quite often it does work.

Back