Options for automatically syncing watches in India

It would be great a see a homegrown brand like Titan do something about this. I remember, a few years back they had created a watch for digital payments partnering with SBI.

Similarly, I am talking about a watch with provision for a SIM card, without data connectivity/telephone capabilities, and it can only receive time signal. They can partner with GSM providers like Jio, Airtel, etc. And it can sync every month or so based on the accuracy of their quartz movements. Can be implemented on clocks too.

It would be great a see a homegrown brand like Titan do something about this. I remember, a few years back they had created a watch for digital payments partnering with SBI.

Similarly, I am talking about a watch with provision for a SIM card, without data connectivity/telephone capabilities, and it can only receive time signal. They can partner with GSM providers like Jio, Airtel, etc. And it can sync every month or so based on the accuracy of their quartz movements. Can be implemented on clocks too.
Yeah but demand for something like this would be pretty low, you need a tech focussed company to do things like this.

Yeah but demand for something like this would be pretty low, you need a tech focussed company to do things like this.
True. Sadly, as the watch industry is shifting towards smart watches, we may never see something like this happen.

Did you get anything yet though?

If you haven't, I'd like to recommend the Casio B5600 series. It has bluetooth as well multi band 6. So both the options explained in the replies above can work for you.

The app works going by the reviews. However it syncs off your phone time. So if that's in sync you're good
Another app that does the same thing and is free. Should work with any radio synchronised watch.

The advantage of this app is it uses NTP time unlike the other which uses the phone time

Source

Last edited:
Back