Options for transporting luggage from one city to another

ibose

Skilled
As mentioned I need to transport at least a couple of 15 kg luggage bags filled with clothes etc. With the baggage limitation and the premium on extra baggage on flights, are there any cheaper reliable alternatives ? Do regular couriers transport them ?
I need to transport them from Kol to Blr.

As mentioned I need to transport at least a couple of 15 kg luggage bags filled with clothes etc. With the baggage limitation and the premium on extra baggage on flights, are there any cheaper reliable alternatives ? Do regular couriers transport them ?
You can use normal transport services like Safexpress, but you will have to drop off and pick-up from their locations. Also check out prices of couriers through Shiprocket. And lastly, you can also use the Registered Parcel service of Indiapost. In all cases, you will have to pack the suitcases properly so that they themselves don't get damaged during transit.

you can bulk book on indigo, they have bunch of extra added baggage services these days

Every city have a network of transporters who directly loads the stuff in trucks and ships them, it will be the most economical option

You can use safexpress, gati.
Personally used safexpress and they came to my location in delhi and dropped it to my home in ranchi.
If you can contact them a day earlier, they also provide with cardboard boxes and tapes.

You can use safexpress, gati.
Personally used safexpress and they came to my location in delhi and dropped it to my home in ranchi.
If you can contact them a day earlier, they also provide with cardboard boxes and tapes.
I am speaking with Safexpress for their easy2move service

Well Safexpress did not work out. Their lines are perpetually busy and the portal sucks big time.
I ended up using the services of Avaan Excess Baggage service who specialize in this service and have a couple of outlets at Delhi and Mumbai airports. Rates appeared to be much more reasonable than the flights so decided to book the 30 kg option for one luggage. Pickup scheduling and payment is done on their site and it shows multiple price options (see attached) based on luggage dimensions and weight (you can also choose between Road and Air). The tracking is enabled only after pickup and not after payment. They use Gati. Good thing is that they are pretty responsive on emails and phones. The pickup was delayed by a day but they did call and apologize for the same. The Gati guys handed the consignment note and took the standard declaration. You do have to pack the luggage well and they suggest bubble wrapping. Delivery was pretty quick though, within 4 days of pickup for the cheaper Road option. Overall experience was fine and the customer care called to seek feedback and requested to leave the same on Google.

Attachments

• Avaan Pricing.png
    Avaan Pricing.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 79
Well Safexpress did not work out. Their lines are perpetually busy and the portal sucks big time.
I ended up using the services of Avaan Excess Baggage service who specialize in this service and have a couple of outlets at Delhi and Mumbai airports. Rates appeared to be much more reasonable than the flights so decided to book the 30 kg option for one luggage. Pickup scheduling and payment is done on their site and it shows multiple price options (see attached) based on luggage dimensions and weight (you can also choose between Road and Air). The tracking is enabled only after pickup and not after payment. They use Gati. Good thing is that they are pretty responsive on emails and phones. The pickup was delayed by a day but they did call and apologize for the same. The Gati guys handed the consignment note and took the standard declaration. You do have to pack the luggage well and they suggest bubble wrapping. Delivery was pretty quick though, within 4 days of pickup for the cheaper Road option. Overall experience was fine and the customer care called to seek feedback and requested to leave the same on Google.
awesome, i will have a similar requirement with the direction reversed, end points being the same!
so you packed 30 kilos in one suitcase or was it boxes?

I saw this as an option when I was booking a flight a few months ago. Not a bad idea if you have a buffer of a few days. I've used Delhivery in the past for this but their pick-up guys keep rejecting the parcel. Saying it's overweight without even actually checking the weight.

If I book a 10kg parcel they say it's been booked for 7.6 kgs, look at the box and reject it.

Back