CPU/Mobo Opty 144 Pricing

Switch

Skilled
I called up today to my dealer for inquireing the Prices of 146's... He told me that 146's are no longer available and prices of 144 have shot up like a friggin rocket... Earlier the same 144 which i was getting for 8K is now available for Around 10K... Now thats a real hike... Didnt expect this from AMD at all... Bad move... I know quite a few peeps who were looking to sell thier 144's... M advise to them will be to hold on to those... Opty no longer looks like a VFM buy now :(...

kidoman said:
Hmm......... indian dealers?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103600

$199 in the egg...... so 10k in india is decent......... AMD is indeed taking a strong approach because its Desktop processor sales are going down for a wannabe server proccy.
True this was going to happen to sometime or the other. The enthusiast community all over the world is tightly knit so news spreads fast and good deal faster. The Optys were causing a dent on the the a64 desktop range hence the "short" supply and increase in prices.

That is why i said bad move from AMD... They firstly released too much RAW power in the hands of consumer and now after realizing it they have increased the prices... And i dont see them falling down soon... I know two peeps who wanted to sell thier 144... That is why i posted here... Cause they wanted to go 146 and i see they will have to pour quite some of money to go 146 which is actually not worth it...

i love my 146 :bleh: switch no pun intended but th 146 runs like a breeze multitasks better too than any intels i've used [havent used any dual cores].

Bumping this thread.

Opterons are in stock again, and it seems they are indeed gone up in pricing a bit.

Here are costs.

AMD Opteron 144 : Rs.9000

AMD Opteron 146 : Rs.11250

Also X2 4200 is in stock : Rs. 19500.

Back