Storage Solutions Ordered a drive from Amazon.in

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Ok so I ordered a Sandisk 32gb pen drive from Amazon.in.

How much warranty is there for Sandisk pen drives? 3, 5 or lifetime?
And are there any Sandisk self service centers or is it serviced by Accell frontline or such 3rd party ones?

Also through which shipper Amazon delivers and does it provide tracking details etc?

Many questions coz dealing first time with Amazon. Dont mind!! ;)

Last edited:
Live in Pune and it has been 24hrs now and still no tracking details via sms or email.
Is this regular scenario with amazon?

Update!
We've started preparing your parcel. This process can take some time but does not change the delivery date. We'll send you an e-mail when your order has dispatched. You can still request cancellation if you've changed your mind.

Pune guy here! If it's a Amazon Fulfilled product, then they usually deliver within 48 hours, but for other sellers, it depends! You should usually avoid buying non-Amazon Fulfilled products.

Pune guy here! If it's a Amazon Fulfilled product, then they usually deliver within 48 hours, but for other sellers, it depends! You should usually avoid buying non-Amazon Fulfilled products.
Yes it 'a an Amazon Fulfilled product. So whats the diff. between Amazon Fulfilled product vs non Amazon Fulfilled product exactly?
Any warranty crisis or something? And what if the product received is a fake one??

Amazon Fulfilled means Amazon handles everything (shipping, returns, CC etc) which is usually very reliable, but for non Amazon Fulfilled, you'll have to rely on the seller, if he's got good ratings, then you can try your luck, but if not then avoid.

Just a small piece that i read recently, might be helpful.

FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) AND FBM (Fulfilled by Merchant)

in FBA Cases, the merchant directly stocks his goods in amazon warehouse. amazon checks, packs, and delivers the goods. The goods ideally never go through the merchant. Since FDI in retail is not 100% open, amazon cannot buy directly from distributors yet.
Works best with low volume high cost products like mobile phones, etc. Where the storage costs are low but the margins are higher

FBM is no different from ebay. You pay the merchant and merchant ships directly from his warehouse. Things like CPU cabinets, cases are relatively inexpensive, but take a lot of storage space. Merchants would have to pay a lot more money to store a cabinet with amazon than they would store a mobile phone with amazon. Add to that a cabinet would be lot lesser priced than a mobile phone. Which is why you would get a better deal on snapdeal than on amazon, coz snapdeal is a FBM model.

FBA gets you that peace of mind that you are working with Amazon, and amazon will check, pack and deliver your product and returns will be handled by Amazon.

WTF :wtf: is wrong with amazon?? Today is 3rd day for the order still no traces of any tracking details or anything even though been an Amazon Fulfilled product. :rage:

amazz.JPG

@Avish any idea on this??

They havent provided any proper mail id or phone number to contact. If they arent shipping at least I can shop elsewhere without any hopes from amazon.

Update: had a chat with them and they say my order is on the road to dispatching. Will get mail/sms confirmation with tracking details sooner or later.

Last edited:
Was gonna suggest live chat, but I see that you've already done that! :) Where is the order coming from? If it's Mumbai, it should not take longer than 48 hours.

But sometimes delay happens and you can't do anything about it. One time I had paid 49 bucks for guaranteed 2-days delivery, but they delivered me on 3rd morning, saying they couldn't find my address. I contacted support and they refunded me same day.

WTF :wtf: is wrong with amazon?? Today is 3rd day for the order still no traces of any tracking details or anything even though been an Amazon Fulfilled product. :rage:

View attachment 46713

@Avish any idea on this??

They havent provided any proper mail id or phone number to contact. If they arent shipping at least I can shop elsewhere without any hopes from amazon.

Update: had a chat with them and they say my order is on the road to dispatching. Will get mail/sms confirmation with tracking details sooner or later.

How about being a bit patient? The delivery estimate clearly mentions 17 Oct - 20 Oct. Plus there is also a message while buying that free orders may get delayed by upto 4 days.

How about being a bit patient? The delivery estimate clearly mentions 17 Oct - 20 Oct. Plus there is also a message while buying that free orders may get delayed by upto 4 days.
My ain't any free order so no question for delaying extra 4 days!!

Got it delivered today. :)
But from Mumbai to Pune took 4 days or should I say 9 days :arghh:

Bad..the date in the bill is my order date as well. Should have put at least 17th oct.

Anyways the capacity formatted capacity is 29.7gb....so 2.3gb lost!! :( It came pre formatted in exFat. Shall I try it to NTFS to gain some extra space may be a GB or some MBs?

Back