Over 10 millon Samsung Galaxy S3's sold according to Samsung

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in
Over 10 millon Samsung Galaxy S III's sold according to Samsung

In June is was announced that The Samsung Galaxy S III was on track to reach over 10 million sold by July and it looks like it has reached that target on time. Samsung's Shin Jying Kyun has revealed that the Galaxy S III has already crossed the 10 million mark since it's announcement and launch in May.

It had taken the Galaxy S II a total of 5 months to reach this very same mark. It is also estimated that the sales of this device will surpass 40 million units sold by the end of this year. The Android 4.0 (JellyBean) update is also proposed to come in August to this high end Smartphone, which will further ignite the sales of this device.

Source : Over 10 million Galaxy SIII sales since launch says Samsung

msankadi

Adept
Nov 29, 2010
yeah and really android users dont care about your sense...atleast those 10 mill people didnt when they put their money where their mouth is...

msankadi

Adept
Nov 29, 2010
Can you tell me ....all over the world what is the percentage of Apple devices amongst all available phones? What is the percentage of android phones?

JayMathers

Diablo's Rapier
Disciple
Aug 4, 2008
Ghaziabad, India
techshoot.in
Can you tell me ....all over the world what is the percentage of Apple devices amongst all available phones? What is the percentage of android phones?

iOS Market Share - 34%
Devices shipped in Q1 2012 - 35.1M

Android Market Share - 51%
Devices Shipped in Q1 2012 - 90M

Blackberry - 9%
Symbian - .9%

I personally feel that Apple is 1 company standing against a huge count which make Android Phones. Its commendable.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

iOS Market Share - 34%
Devices shipped in Q1 2012 - 35.1M

Android Market Share - 51%
Devices Shipped in Q1 2012 - 90M

Blackberry - 9%
Symbian - .9%

I personally feel that Apple is 1 company standing against a huge count which make Android Phones. Its commendable.

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
Lol very surprised that this only sold 10 million.
4s sold 35 million in the last quarter and that was considered as a lowly figure due to the impending iphone 5.

msankadi

Adept
Nov 29, 2010
90M vs 35M ....not even half and you are happy for apple and actually surprised at a single phone selling 10M??

At that rate it would be even a more skewed ratio than the 1:2.5 for the last quarter...

Just found out something else...

As of 2010 - Us population 391MM, India population >1800MM...
So assuming apple in india is not >5% and apple in USA=100%....

still by these numbers itself if android is adopted by most people in India/China (assuming it is only because its cheaper)....and 0 people in USA....still that would mean an overwhelming majority for Android...

Even if android is put for free on cheap phones...that would lead to a PC vs Mac situation pretty quickly (where windows is mostly pirated in India but because it is the single OS all companies take that).

So even USA=100% means nothing for Apple....and I cannot see them conquering India at all...pricing things at 50K (which is ridiculous)

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
90M vs 35M ....not even half and you are happy for apple and actually surprised at a single phone selling 10M??

At that rate it would be even a more skewed ratio than the 1:2.5 for the last quarter...

Just found out something else...

As of 2010 - Us population 391MM, India population >1800MM...
So assuming apple in india is not >5% and apple in USA=100%....

still by these numbers itself if android is adopted by most people in India/China (assuming it is only because its cheaper)....and 0 people in USA....still that would mean an overwhelming majority for Android...

Even if android is put for free on cheap phones...that would lead to a PC vs Mac situation pretty quickly (where windows is mostly pirated in India but because it is the single OS all companies take that).

So even USA=100% means nothing for Apple....and I cannot see them conquering India at all...pricing things at 50K (which is ridiculous)

what?

destiny

Think Different
Adept
Oct 25, 2010
Bombay
Its quality Vs Quantity when it comes to apple vs droid
dont know y these samsung phones are made with cheap plastic body later people say apple is price high

All ? will b cross answered once the iphone 5 comes at present no comments