CPU/Mobo Overclocking E2140 on a NForce 650i

rebel_guru

Disciple
Hey guys, i have a Galaxy NForce 650i. For some reason i hav to sell my current E6750 as i desperately need some cash.

I will be buying a E2140 for the time being.

I just want to know how much will i be able to overclock the E2140 on that board? Anyone having the same config plz help me.

exact same config. u shud b able to crank it up pretty much.

Me using a stock cooler. running 2.2Ghz 24X7. went upto 2.5 but things got a bit toasty n i didnt wanna upgrade cooling or even the thermal paste. but then thats lazy me :ashamed:

Even without upping volts u can take it to arpund 2.6-2.8 min.

One guy on the forum (punjab234 i think) ran on 3.4Ghz + with a good cooler :p

so njoi........

yup. even i cud do that. but i was on the top floor n temps were quite high. system down since last 1 month so havent tried it now, lot cooler so shud be easily possible..........

apollyon said:
currently running a e2140 @3.2ghz at 1.35v on stock cooler. load temps never cross 45C....these chips run very cool

Apo Sir,

Does your stock cooler have a copper base (and maybe a faster fan)?? :ashamed:

Just asking coz earlier some E4300 came with copper base coolers and some didn't iirc. :S

And an E2160 my friend purchased few days back came with a low height Al cooler with Al base. :(

^^i think the new e4xxx/e2xxx series comes with a low profile copper base (i.e., half the size of normal coolers)

dont think half sized AL base is enuf

JUst installed the E2140 on the board yesterday night.

I donno how, but the board automatically OCed it to 2.67GHz .. maybe it retained the settings of my earlier E6750.

At 2.67Ghz after 1 hour of Everest Stress test, the max temp was 50 degrees.

Havent yet tried higher clocks.

Back