OC & Modding Overclocking e2180 on nividia 610i

atish

Disciple
I have overclocked my intel e2180 to 2.7 ghz and I am getting 1M super pi in 24sec. But 2180's are great for o/c and I wanted to get mine to atleast 3-3.2.

Can anyone help me ?

my specs :-

Intel e2180
Simmtronics gf 7050 (nvidia 610i)
Dynet single channel 2 GB :(

FSB @ 1066

when I take FSB to 1333 Computer dosen't boot.

Also the RAM is the shittest of all rams to be manufactured.
As soon as I put FSB - DRAM ratio @ 1:1 it fails to boot and I haveto reset the jumpers :mad:

Its running currently @ 5:4 :(
I manually set the timings @ 5-5-15 but still I am not getting above 2.7 Ghz.
My coreVID is 1.325. multiplier 10x.

^^lol... Does chipset hold you back from OCing?

BTE @ OP,

Get Transcend 800MHz 2GB RAM and you can easily get past 3GHz easily with this one...Sure 'bout this...

cant get transcend :( just brought a gfx card. btw dynet is running @ 800 mhz any other way to increase clock speed :?

Your RAM is the bottleneck. Nothing to say. If you have any OCing utility that come along with the Mobo, then try that too. May be work some time. Otherwise wait till u get ur RAM and zip past to 3.5GHz.... :D

Hmm my mobo automaatically o/c the cpu. when on low load corevid ia 1.12 and itz @ 1.6 Ghz when playing on pcsx2 coreVID is 1.325 and ram is already o'ced from 667 to 800 Mhz I suppose coz cpu-z gives it @ 800 Mhz. Maybe I should try to o/c till I fry the RAM :mad: anywayz I heard replacement is very easy on dynet.

also any Idea how much can I get if I sell the single stick 2 GB ?? maybe I can make up the difference wid my pocket money. ;)

@ amitsharma :- yes I am on stock cooler but temp is no prob. cpu idles @ 28 c and peaks @ 35 C.

I today saw that the ram was at 667 so I o/c it to 800 Mhz yes dynet somehow got o/c , I then got a +100 Mhz :'( then I tried increasing the FSB to 1333 from 1066 but still it dosent support the cpu clock speed. am I going wrong somewhere ? should I try a 1333 on the RAM I fear that It will blow up If I o/c it any further :/

atish said:
I today saw that the ram was at 667 so I o/c it to 800 Mhz yes dynet somehow got o/c , I then got a +100 Mhz :'( then I tried increasing the FSB to 1333 from 1066 but still it dosent support the cpu clock speed. am I going wrong somewhere ? should I try a 1333 on the RAM I fear that It will blow up If I o/c it any further :/

Sure it'll blow...
Try increase the FSB to 1100 or 1200 and see whether its stable or not..

Ok I hit 3+ Ghz CPU-Z shows 2.975 but real temp shows well above 3 Ghz.

But it is of no use the system is NOT stable and I am getting at the max. 1-2 fps boost in the ps2 emulator, moreover I am getting glitches during the game :(

Here are the settings

RAM 800 -> UNSTABLE after 10 min. of 100% cpu usage.

FSB -> 1175 Mhz

the temperatures jumped from 37-54 @ 100%.

PS :- @ 853 RAM did NOT blow but windows failed to start. :|

^^ :D

Dont try PS2 emulator to benchmark....Its crappy..Try games like FarCry2 or even a GRiD will do..

Then reduce the FSB and try to bench it at 2.9GHz.....lemme know whether its stable or not...

Games already run fine @ full res. and full AA. I will report on the stabilty after some time gotta study :(

Btw rajkumar, why dont u o/c ? Ur specs seem to be asking to be o/c-ed. :D

COD 4 running fine with res. 1440 x 900 and 4x AA rest full. :)

Also, I have o/c ed my Palit 9500 ddr3 also

clock -> 500 to 893

FSB -> 400 to 900

Shaders -> 1200 to 1493 :D

Temp. -> 62 @ max. usage. Cheap palits dont give a fan also the heatsink is upside down :S

I am waiting for my cooler..Either i get a ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme or OCZ Vendetta 2...So till then no OCing.. i havent applied the AS5 properly so the temp seems too much. Its 51C at idle and 74C at load... So only after getting my cooler i start OC it. Will try to push it to 3.5+GHz....

I today saw that the ram was at 667 so I o/c it to 800 Mhz yes dynet somehow got o/c , I then got a +100 Mhz

To prevent the increase in RAM speed, set DRAM:FSB ratio to 1:1, so you have to change your RAM.

^^ Tried it PC won't boot then :'(

EDIT -> XP ran for a few seconds on FSB 1190 & RAM 812.

XP is stable for 10 mins. @ 2.9 Ghz :( (playing Condemned)

I am not intrested in o/c anymore. Btw its stable @ 2.827 Ghz FSB -> 1150 & RAM 800.

I will now probably run it o/c to the old 2.7 w/o any ram o/c. or o/c ram to 725 :/

Back