OC & Modding overclocking e7400, suggest best vfm cooler - to buy.

rahul.cnbc

Disciple
it's oc time for me:S:cool2:, please suggest a good cooler and speed for the pocy, at which it can work stable.

this is my rig.

e7400,
Asus P5kpl cm,
2gb 800mhz kingston ram,
(1.5tb, 500gb, 160gb hdd sata)
msi 9800gt,
compro tv tuner gold plus
Psu - CM real power pro 460.
is my psu capable of doing this trick.

i use this unit for gaming n movies only.

Thanks in advance.:clap:

I used a CM Hyper 212 to run my previous E7400 @ 4.00 Ghz, stable. It was a breeze. This CPU has a Mx of 10.5 which makes the OC quite easy. Regarding that PSU, with a 9800GT also in there, would not recommend OC to high levels. Mild would do fine. Just keep a watch on stability.

asingh said:
I used a CM Hyper 212 to run my previous E7400 @ 4.00 Ghz, stable. It was a breeze. This CPU has a Mx of 10.5 which makes the OC quite easy. Regarding that PSU, with a 9800GT also in there, would not recommend OC to high levels. Mild would do fine. Just keep a watch on stability.
thanks singh, how much would it cost(cm hyper 212) and is it possible for a noobe like me to install it on my own, if not plz suggest where to get it installed.

You may find used TR Ultra 120 Extreme in good condition in TE market for 2K or maybe less.

Please check if it fits on your motherboard and in your case/cabinet.

Meanwhile let me check what is readily available locally- totally no idea of good cooler in your price range.

I don't like these HDT(naked heatpipe) cooler- prefer ones with solid bases.

how on earth do i get 4ghz stable... am still in a fix... am now running at 3.7Ghz

my rig

2GB RAM 5-5-5-18 timings... no vmod done... FSB=333~

mobo= MSI P45 Neo FIR

Gfx Card= GTS 250

PSU= CM XPP 600w

... any help would be highly appreciated :)

Could you tell which settings you are using for 3.7Ghz. Primarily the vCore, Mx. Have you pushed it down to the lowest vCore possible for your chip. Will try to pull out my settings when I had this chip and let you know. But it is never a good idea to compare / replicate systems for OC. Also what temperatures you getting for this speed, which HSF..?

@OP

Why do you want an aftermarket cooler? Have you attempted OCing on the stock cooler and felt the need for one?
Start off slowly.. get to a stable OC with the stock cooler first and work your way up in steps. Get an aftermarket cooler only once you really feel the need for one (aka, temps are too high to run stably).

asingh said:
Could you tell which settings you are using for 3.7Ghz. Primarily the vCore, Mx. Have you pushed it down to the lowest vCore possible for your chip. Will try to pull out my settings when I had this chip and let you know. But it is never a good idea to compare / replicate systems for OC. Also what temperatures you getting for this speed, which HSF..?
am using CM hyer212+ am getting temps like 41c and 45 c max on core 1 and 2 respectively

Back