OC & Modding Overclocking Intel Q6600, Reached 3.4 GHz

satanheart

Disciple
ive finally oced my q6600 at 3.4ghz ran occt for 30 min..... vcore 1.45000

i am using vendatta2 cooler...now wen i want to oc further to reach 3.5 i had to increase the vcore to 1.50000v and after this nothing works stable

my max temps are 70°
is it worth increasing to 3.5 with 1.50000v or should i just stick to 3.4ghz

satanheart said:
ocz vendatta2

Are you sure the HS is seated properly? Those push-pins are always being wierd.
Anyway to answer your question, i don't think it's worth pushing more, you should now focus on finding a good balanced OC that you can run 24/7.

I guess we are on the same boat mate, I've got a Q6600(1.3125 VID) which takes 1.425V to hit 3.4 ghz... I have it underclocked at 3.0ghz running at 1.3V... I'd suggest you do the same, no performance difference for me so far.... will save you a lot in your electricity bills....

and if you really want it at 3.4ghz then I wouldnt suggest you overclock it any further... maybe its a high VID chip like mine... a 1ghz increase on a 2 year old chip is darn sweet...

really no profit in overclocking 3.5ghz.

from my side just stick to 3.4ghz if it is stable.

i have e5200 2.5ghz which i have overclocked to 3.2ghz on stock cooling:)

1.4v is a little high, even for a 65nm. Is that the voltage before vdroop or actual? What board are you using? What memory? How exactly did you reach 3.4?

damn said:
1.4v is a little high, even for a 65nm. Is that the voltage before vdroop or actual? What board are you using? What memory? How exactly did you reach 3.4?

for a 65nm, atleast for a Q6600 G0, the maximum voltage as per intel specs is 1.5V, people on water at times bump it upto 1.6 as well....

rajivnairr said:
for a 65nm, atleast for a Q6600 G0, the maximum voltage as per intel specs is 1.5V, people on water at times bump it upto 1.6 as well....
I should have prolly rephrased my sentence, I meant that 1.5v was too high for just 3.4 Ghz.

Getting a Q6600 to 3.4 is quite easy but after that it needs a lot of pushing. I tried getting mine to run at 3.6, but it was extremely hot and CPU temps were heading above 60C so I didn't want to increase the voltage too much. I ran the proccy at 3.6, 1.45 volts but it wasn't stable.

Back