CPU/Mobo Overclocking Limit for E5200

clown_abhi

Skilled
Hey guys,

I was able to overclock my E5200 to 3688 with everything on stock voltage. :)

As Amien said in some other thread that the mobo will reach the fsb wall much before the proccy limit. So wanted to know, whether my mobo is limiting more overclock or is it the proccy.

Using Gigabyte-G31, has anyone been able to achieve speeds more than this with all on stock?
It would be great if u guys can tell how much u were able to overclock...:)

Also, what's the max overclock that we have here for E5200 in TE on G31?

I had looked through all the threads existent on TE before going for this proccy :p But for Gigabyte mobo, i couldn't find any major overclocks apart from a few...

Even in the thread link above, usually its max upto 3.5GHz with Gigabyte. :cool2:

So, i wanted to know how much max have guys done with this board and E5200. Anything more than 3688? :huh: Also, the mobo that i have does 3688 on stock volts. Is theGigabyte G31 capable of such speed at stock voltage?

All this just to see whether it is worth getting the Gigabyte G31 or this ASUS board is better...

^

Buddy you have got a very good proccy as most of the e5200 are able to do max 3.5ghz on stock voltages AFAIK.I think the mobo is limiting your proccy,it has definately got more juice left in it.

Back