OC & Modding Overclocking My AMD Phenom x 3 8650~!

Euro_Rules

Disciple
Hello Friends I want to Oc's My AMD Phenom x 3 8650 Triple core processor
my config is in my signature or otherwise see my Rig
I don't have any CPU cooler
Guide me about how much to OC's ?
I advance Thanks :)
:thanx:

1. Make sure the Mb has all the options like Increasing Voltage for CPU/Memory, options to tweak HT Link, adjusting memory latency and speed.. once you have it done... Follow these.

2. Disable AMD Cool and Quite, Spread Spectrum.. Enable Advance Clock Collaboration..

3. Try increasing the HTT CPU [FSB]or CPU Multiplier without increasing the voltage and see how much you can hit with this motherboard.. Note you have a non Black Editon X3 which do 3.1ghz { don't bump to high , go slow and safe .. Increase slowly and test it]

4. Do not increase voltage on stock cooler.. You might end up cooked CPU..

5. Decrease the HT Link/Multipler to 6 or 5 .. If multiplier is not given try finding HT SPEED or something similar [its not the CPU HTT/FSB its Northbridge Speed Controller] and decrease its speed to 1-1.2 ghz depending on the OC..

6. If you are not getting stable system on High OC, try reducing ram speed or setting divider to 1:1 by selecting the lowest ram speed from BIOS ..

7. Do keep an eye on temperatures... Use OCCT,Memtest , HWMonitor to test the stabilty and temperatures of the system..

How many fans you system has ? Which cabinate and SMPS you are using ? Also do you have an aftermarket cooler or you are using the stock AMD X3 cooler ?

Make sure to do it safely and swiftly.. Don't get too excited and bump too high.. X3 8650 should do 3.2 Ghz on Aftermarket cooler like True 120 | Sunbeam CCF

My settings are .

AMD Phenom I X3 8650 default speed 2.3 Ghz , Sunbeam CCF 120mm

Jetway HA07 790 Gx Motherboard

Overclocked to 3.1 Ghz .. am stuck with ram .. with get Gskill GBPK 4gb kit from Newegg soon :)

CPU-Z Validator 3.0

@gforce : Thats not my CPUZ :p

Back