CPU/Mobo Overclocking the E6300

Does the MSI 965P Neo support divider OC ?? Meaning , what if i downclock the RAM , and then increase the FSB till the RAM reaches its actual operating freq. ??

i'd be glad enough to get a E6300 running at 2.3 GHz , and am having thoughts of buying one very soon .. coupled with this mobo preferably ,, specially if this is true

hey the MSI neo version is avaliable for 5.69k without onboard graphics and with on board graphics it's about 6.2k ,

2.3 GHz on a 5.7k mobo is quite good enough ..

Now about the RAM .. will normal Transcend ddr2 667 RAM do ??? BTW , can i use even cheaper ddr2 667 modules , like the ones from Zion ..??

Yes you can use dividers.Members having this mobo can let you know better.

Also 2.3 GHz OC doesnt seem to be too difficult either,its really a nice lil board.

I am completely new to overclocking, so I am a little confused. I tried to overclock my CPU (E6300), which I got up to 2.4GHz. The system booted up, and ran fine under all but one program. I used 3dMark2006 as a benchmark, and it performed flawlessly. I then tested it in Oblivion, which normally runs smoothly, but after the overclock, it ran good for 2 seconds, paused for 1/2 of a second, good for 2 seconds, paused for 1/2 of a second, repeat. What do you think might be wrong? Here are my system specs:

Motherboard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR NF680i SLI 775
PSU: Thermaltake 420W
CPU: E6300
RAM: 1Gx2 Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400
Hard Drive: 74GB Raptor, 10,000RPM
CPU Fan: Zalman CNPS9500 AT RTL
Vido Card: ATI 1600PRO 512MB

p.s. Temperatures were fine, they didn't break 104F. Can that memory be overclocked? Thank you.

good question ,..... wrong idea to put it in a thread 6 months old though , even more wrong to bump it in a wrong section ....

start a thread at the other sub forum and some gurus will help ya out

Back