OC & Modding Overclocking workshop

lxq_ikrana

Disciple
Hi,
I'm an engineering student studying in Pune. We're going to have our annual technical fest in a few months, and we're at a planning stage. I had suggested the idea of having an overclocking and tweaking workshop. I'm a noob overclocker myself, so I was wondering if any of the pros here would be interested in conducting such a workshop in Pune.

We'll be paying decently well. Anybody interested reply to the thread :)

Additionally, I'd also like suggestions on companies that might want to sponsor such a workshop. I had AMD in mind, since they're really pushing that sort of thing. With that outlook, does anybody have an email address of a reasonably high up contact in AMD? Indian tech support here will be pointless. I remember though that one of their people had been very approachable when contacted about the overpricing of the radeon 4800 series at release. Anyone remembers that email id?

lovely idea :)

umm try talking to sirs Shripad , amey , apollyon .. and im sure loads of people are going to chime in with reply's

Hope this happens :) its a very nice idea..

Cheers sir !!

lxq_ikrana said:
Shripad, Amey, Apollyon, anyone listening?

I don't mind helping you out in whatever way I can :) Let me know.
Although I haven't doing any clocking lately, a bit rusty and out of touch :)
Apollyon is doing it regularly these days.

what are the tentative dates? And what is your goal?

I dont mind making a trip to pune, i come there often anyway to visit sis.

Get in touch with Appo, he will have good contacts with local vendors who might be ready to chip in.

And pass me the details in PM, i will try to pass those to major distributors and see if anyone is interested.

But for that I need to know the details, dates, college name, when, where, how many people expected to be there etc etc.

College of Engineering, Pune

Event is more or less confirmed, since Amey and Appolyon are almost confirmed, Shripad is yet to confirm. Dates will be announced when stuff is fixed up.

WOW... all of you together!! Even I would love to drop-in and learn a lil bit more about OC. It's been sometime since I went to Pune as well so may catch up with friends as well. ;)

PS: Darky, hope your parents are in town, I have to meet them. :eek:hyeah:

Read your PM.

As the event is still far away, I wont confirm as I honestly dont know my schedule for that period. But I will definitely try to make it there. Been a while since I met Appo and Amey anyway :p

WOW... all of you together!! Even I would love to drop-in and learn a lil bit more about OC. It's been sometime since I went to Pune as well so may catch up with friends as well.

Modesty !!! LOL
But yeah, it would be nice to catch up :)

As the event is still far away, I wont confirm as I honestly dont know my schedule for that period. But I will definitely try to make it there. Been a while since I met Appo and Amey anyway

Yeah should be good fun to meet up after a very long time :)

The event will be open to all students, and if you're not a student, I could still probably sneak you in, as handling the OC workshop is my job :)

How exactly would be workshop?

Hard OC, Liquid Nitrogen & all that stuffs...eh?
If yes, I won't mind coming to Pune for workshop at COEP(as a student):eek:hyeah:

When Workshop will be conducted(date)?

I think LN will be going too far. We'll be dealing with people new to overclocking. It's going to more of a lecture rather than a hands on workshop (since it'll be hard to get so many overclockable PCs). Might look into getting a water cooler for the workshop, but certainly there will be no LN. Sorry to disappoint :( .

The event will be in October.

Back