Overseas Job Placements..!

dipen01

Skilled
Hey guys,

I was just wondering the feasibility of International Job Placements (Mostly Europe/US). There are various Consultants/websites/modes for Domestic Jobs but I have never come across a consistent source of International Placements. Most of my friends who have done their Masters in US are working there & others are on mostly on project basis (via Indian I.T cos)

So my question is, how does one go about securing an job overseas without studying there ?

Any ideas ?

One way is to to get placed in a EU company, based in India (Nokia, Tieto, T-mobile etc.). After a year or so, if your performance is good, you have good chances of working in EU. Keep in mind that not all European (EU and non-EU) are English friendly. Nordic countries have become more receptive to skilled migrants, but my suggestion would be to secure a job offer first and then go there. A job offer makes work visa approval easier and you are free from anxiety of job search, which can take weeks or months, give the economic crisis in Europe, especially in EU zone.

For US it is the same strategy. also keep Australia on your radar.

By going in iima..

Studying again not an option, at least not in foreseeable future.

One way is to to get placed in a EU company, based in India (Nokia, Tieto, T-mobile etc.). After a year or so, if your performance is good, you have good chances of working in EU. Keep in mind that not all European (EU and non-EU) are English friendly. Nordic countries have become more receptive to skilled migrants, but my suggestion would be to secure a job offer first and then go there. A job offer makes work visa approval easier and you are free from anxiety of job search, which can take weeks or months, give the economic crisis in Europe, especially in EU zone.

For US it is the same strategy. also keep Australia on your radar.

Joining an MNC and then waiting for right circumstances to move abroad is a long shot and particularly tedious option. Some companies have 2yr rule before they approve you for an overseas assignemnt.

Mostly, the base is in India for cheap labour, largely untapped market so IMO not a very good option.

Check this - Pomegranate | NS08

Also, I've heard Canada is a good option for the same. Its easy to obtain a work visa.

The link is for some Pomegranate phone ? - Did I miss something ?

Back