CPU/Mobo P35 Motherboards?

chip_0

Adept
I am going for a core 2 duo based system soon (maybe the E7200 when it is released) so I was looking through TE for recommendations for an affordable P35 chipset motherboard. Unfortunately, all such boards are priced over 5k, atleast from brands like Gigabyte, Asus, MSI :(

Is there any cheaper option available? My needs are not too much, eSATA, serial/parallel ports, preferably solid state capacitors if available. Overclocking is not a priority.

Would it make sense to go for some 965 or nVidia 7100 based board considering that?

Don't go for older P or G965 chipset based Mobo.They are tooo old now . As far as newer Intel P35 I would recommend Abit P35 E with a decent external Graphics Card. like 9600 Gt or 8600 Gt ;)

nVIDIA 7100 is a decent offering from nVIDIA barracks , the onboard 7100 GS will be provide enough fire power if you are not into gaming and add to that its much lower in price to that of P35.. ECS GF7100PVT-M Review » Page 19 - Conclusion - Overclockers Club

Edit :Why you would look for Solid State Capacitor if you are not into OC.Though the life span of SSCapacitor is way better than that of Electrolytic but of no use :| ? You won't even load the normal Electrolyte Capacitor with normal clocks.. I have OC my P4 24X7 and my E Capacitors are still safe and sound :p Though I am hoping that some them to blast out :p

ABit ip35-e has very good reviews . Other than that biostar tp35d2-a7 is at 4.4 k . I own a tp35 and it is a solid board worth the cost . No onboard graphics .

ujjwal said:
Unfortunately, all such boards are priced over 5k, atleast from brands like Gigabyte, Asus, MSI :(

Prices should fall just before P45 is released (about May end,same time as E7200 becomes available) even then, I feel 4.5k for the biostar one is great.

Thanks for all the help. The biostar looks like a decent option, and I will look out for it. How is their after sales support in India?

I just checked deltapage.com and found a Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 nforce chipset based board for 2.7k. Is P35 worth the almost 2k premium over this (Note that I won't be using the integrated graphics if I get the nf7050)?

Well, it is worth the premium if you want to overclock your Proccy.
P35's are rock solid overclockers and the abit P35 board is your best bet.:D

Are Intel P31 based motherboards available here? If so whats the price? It seems to be a decent middle ground between 7050 and P35.

Gigabyte P35 or P31 boards, even if available( though i really doubt) would cost you much higher than you actually intend to spend.

dude, lemme share some experience.. and tell you that go for Abit-IP35-E since its a 6lyr board compared to biostar which is a 4lyr board and most importantly you cannot put a good heatsink like TR or anything else since the north bridge is too close to the CPU socket moreover the 24pin power connectors are also there.. Check all these issue and I bet you will find ABIT-IP35-E a lot lot better in all regards..
Gigabyte also has good production of PCB's so worth a try but as far as my research is concerned i felt IP35-E as worth money except the non-availability of Raid, however lemme also tell you that nvidia media controller/RD controller sucks all time since lots of change of BSOD's in stripps.
If you are not going for Raid than go for IP35-E, if you gonna Raid then gor Gigabyte DS3R (R stands for Raid enabled board).

Back