CPU/Mobo P5N32-SLI Premium !!!HELP!!!

paroxy

Disciple
I got a new P5N32-SLI Premium (i know i shld have got the P5N32E-SLI Premium, but it wasnt available in hyd and budget restrictions :mad:)..neway

The installation guide says u have to install the optional fans only when using passive cooling. Is there any real harm if i install the optional fans when i have the standard CPU heatsink+FAN which comes with the Proc installed????

And when ever i restart my system i got a continuous beep and then i have to press the reset switch and then the system restarts normally??? any clue as why this is happening and solutions????

there shouldnt be an issue if you install the optional fans for better cooling.

what beep are you getting ? is it long, short or how many ? continuous beeps could be ram issues. so try setting the timings manually

Its a continuous beep....im using my old 1GB*2 kingston value ram DRR2 533Mhz RAM which is shown as compatible in the guide....

The beep occurs only when i restart the system...like make changes to BIOS and save and exit / please windows restart....when the beep happens i press the front panel reset switch and the system boots up normally this time around.... hope this clarifys

try using a single stick and see if it still happens. also try using different slots
and if you can borrow some ram give that a shot too

1 Beep: DRAM refresh failure

Explanation: The system is having a problem accessing the system memory to refresh it. Refreshing is done on all system memory to keep its contents active.

Diagnosis: This code usually means a problem either with the system memory or with the motherboard itself.

Recommendation:

Troubleshoot the motherboard.
Treat as an apparent memory failure.

Bios Beep Codes

Back