PC Peripherals P5Q Delux / VX 450

nilsnaik

Disciple
Guys I am facing a problem with a brand new VX 450. I have these 8 Pin Connectors on the ASUS board which I connect using the 4*2 Pin connectors located on the VX 450. I am getting power on the board but no display. When i am using My old VIP Gold (Dedicated 8 Pin Single Connector) with the same motherboard I am able to get display and boot. I would like to know what the problem is. I really doubt a brand new VX 450 could have a problem only with the 8 Pin connectors? Is there some configuration I am missing or am I connecting the wrong pins.

If it's working with vip but not corsair, I think vx450 is bad. Get it replaced by your vendor.vx450 provides 4+4 connector, so that it's compatible with mobos with 4 pin 12v connector.

Guys please let me know if anybody has come across this kind of problem with their power supply. When using the VX 450 I can see power on the motherboard but I don't get a display when I use the VIP everything works fine. I am specially doubting this as it is very rare to have a corsair quality product DOA.

Have u checked the psu on another mobo ?? Just to be on the safe side check it :) Connect only 4 pin on the right side of the connector and check(i.e: like a 4 pin connector worked for me when my psu did not have a dedicated 8 pin). Check and reply back...

nilsnaik said:
Guys please let me know if anybody has come across this kind of problem with their power supply. When using the VX 450 I can see power on the motherboard but I don't get a display when I use the VIP everything works fine. I am specially doubting this as it is very rare to have a corsair quality product DOA.

I've had a DOA VX450 when building a PC for a friend. Rare but it does happen. :)

nilsnaik said:
No Power at all ?

It would give me 1 second of power and then cut off. Not enough to make progress. :)
Like you, I too doubted everything but the PSU, which turned out to be the culprit.

Guys just an update I got a HX650 and now all working fine. I believe some of the VX450's have some issues booting Asus boards. I don't why but I am sure my vx450 will not have any problem booting other motherboard's. Any way thanks a lot for your help guys.

Back