Paint.Net

Blade_Runner

Skilled
pdnlogo9qt.png

Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows 2000, XP, or Server 2003. It started development at Washington State University as an undergraduate senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. It is meant to be a free replacement for the MS Paint software that comes with all Windows operating systems. The programming language used to create Paint.NET is C#.

Paint.NET has many of the powerful features that expensive commercial applications have, including the ability to use layers. We welcome any suggestions, and provide the source code for final releases under the MIT License. Please explore this website, download the software and try out many of the things you would do on those other expensive or complicated applications.

* Development Status: v2.1 - Stable, v2.2 - Initial Development
* License: MIT License
* Operating System: Windows (2000/XP/2003)
* Programming Language: C#
Code:
[B]Graphic Design[/B]

* Layers
    * Near unlimited history (limited by disk space)
    * Various Brushes
    * Many special effects and adjustments

[B]Photography[/B]

* Auto-Levels and manual Levels adjustments
    * High quality bicubic and super sampling image resizing
    * Magic Wand selection tool
    * Clone Stamp tool
    * Red Eye Removal
    * Ability to acquire pictures from a scanner or camera directly into Paint.NET (Windows XP/2003 only)

[B]Web Design[/B]

* Up to 3200% zoom, or as low as 1%. Grid mode is available for 400% and larger zoom modes.
    * Control over JPEG quality along with preview of resultant file size
    * PNG transparency support
[B]
Developer[/B]

* Extensively optimized for multiple threads: systems with multiple CPU's or cores will exhibit dramatic performance gains
    * Full source code provided
    * Extensible effect plugin system

Screenshots:

Download
Home

Can you also please tell how much time this software takes to load on average. Coz thats what will decide whether ill use it or not.

Interceptor said:
Can you also please tell how much time this software takes to load on average. Coz thats what will decide whether ill use it or not.
lol..why don u dload and use it urself..
that mite decide a lot of things actually :p

i already had .net framework so i downloaded the 4mb file. pretty neat . will have to use it a bit more before i form a real opinion on it though. dont think it has all the bells and whistles of ps though. but good for a ms-paint replacement :p

@interceptor

it loads instantly on my rig.. not like photochop

@blade

reps given and thread rated ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw others can find it on this months Chip also. The utility is pretty nifty imho. Wont replace PS but its almost like a full fledged graphics suite.

Back