Video Panasonic 32LX75 32" LCD TV for 23K. Worth it ?

Crazy_Eddy said:
And what about the off-axis contrast shift? Throwing in specs is one thing, seeing it is another.

well how may people are going to see a tv at off axis ,and IPS based tvs just have a slight viewing angle advantage,where as the SPVA based tv have a huge at times more then 200% more contrast advantage,the tvs which have a contrast advantage clearly have more detail in dark shadow regions,and SPVA based tvs also have the deepest blacks for a conventional lcd not taking LEDS backlight tvs into account.

adder said:
well how may people are going to see a tv at off axis ,and IPS based tvs just have a slight viewing angle advantage,where as the SPVA based tv have a huge at times more then 200% more contrast advantage,the tvs which have a contrast advantage clearly have more detail in dark shadow regions,and SPVA based tvs also have the deepest blacks for a conventional lcd not taking LEDS backlight tvs into account.

Unless you live alone and have a chair perfectly lined up with your TV, practically everyone else is going to watch a tv off-axis. That high contrast spec goes out the door once you go off-axis.

The S-IPS panels have their flaws, but they're certainly the better of two evils.

P.s: The alpha-IPS/IPS-Pro panels are stated to improve the contrast ratio by upto 2~3 times than the regular S-IPS panels. Looking at your figures, that would put it on par with S-PVA.

Panasonic-TX-32LX800 model is much better than TX-32LX80. More connectors, better sound, better finish and 4:3 TV looks slightly better than in 32LX80.

A friend of mine recently bought it for 29K [35K - 6k for exchange of 21'' TV].

Crazy_Eddy said:
Unless you live alone and have a chair perfectly lined up with your TV, practically everyone else is going to watch a tv off-axis. That high contrast spec goes out the door once you go off-axis.

The S-IPS panels have their flaws, but they're certainly the better of two evils.
P.s: The alpha-IPS/IPS-Pro panels are stated to improve the contrast ratio by upto 2~3 times than the regular S-IPS panels. Looking at your figures, that would put it on par with S-PVA.

well u want notice the contrast shift until u look at extreme angles,i mean realy extreme angles ,SPVA is no TN. In a typical house that has a 3person couch x1 and 1person couch x2 ,the two single seat couch placed at either side of a the larger one ,even those people at the either end wont notice the contrast shift,which is the case in my house at a distance of 2 meters from the tv.only at angles nearing 90 degrees can u see the contrast shift.

on the other hand everyone can benefit from contrast ,and according IPS ALPHA manufacturer the IPS pro the flagship tech in IPS ,itself has acontrast which peaks at about 1000:1 which is good for a lcd of IPS origin and comparable to SPVA panels manufactured in the year 2006,but todays SPVA panels easily cross a ANSI contrast of well over 2000:1 and some highend tvs like samsung series 8 and sony X series hitting 3000:1,if IPS tech can achieve a contrast as good as SPVA then that would make it one good lcd,but at the present IPS is a NO for me atleast.

Hmm... I think its time to post in detail.

I have a furniture store and i have a really satisfied customer who works with Panasonic LCD division. He took a really massive discount on the LCD units he got made from me so in return i asked him that what good will he do for me. He told me about this deal and told me that i can have one too but i will need to go and pick this up in person. I wasn't too sure on weather i should pick this up or not hence i started this thread.

Now with the amount of responses i am getting it looks like i will need to talk to him again for multiple pieces. Hopefully he agrees but i cant promise anything. Let me talk to him tomorrow again and then will update you guys. All those who are interested please post in the following manner.

Code:
nick location x no. of pieces

eg: Switch Noida x1

Since this person looks after Panasonic sales nationally i will try (if he is ready) to provide the deliveries nationally. But i will let him take care of the whole thing. I will not be directly involved as this is expensive and delicate piece of equipment.

I will repeat again guys. The price is still not confirmed and also the no. of units. I will try my best to get TE a deal but then again don't pin your hopes on me.

Switch

Bad news guys. He says he can only offer me this deal :mad:

On a brighter note he has given me a price of Rs 22K for the 32LX75 and 26K for 32lx700 which according to him is a much better deal. Only if i could see these in person.

afaik the lx700 has 100Hz ticker, although am not sure if its the 700 or 800 that has that so just check it once when u have a look

My bad luck.

this is a thread on lx75 and lx700

Panasonic LX70 and LX700 Series Owner's Thread - AVS Forum

New Panasonic LCD lx700 (anyone seen one?) - AVS Forum

For info the panasonic lx80c was on offer for 27999/- last at argos hypercity. may be you could ask for a better deal on this from him instead of lx75.

Size- 32". Resolution - 1366 x 768 . Contrast ratio- 10,000:1. Brightness- 500cd/m2. View angles - 178°. Response time- 5MS. Composite-1. S.Video-1. Component-1. DVI-N/A. HDMI- 2. Aspect ratio- 16:9. Sound output- 2 x 10W RMS. Size (W)820, (D)539, (H)110mm. HD Ready. Ips alpha panel. Sleeper timer. 3D comb filter. 1 year warranty. Home delivery only*. MRP: Rs. 46900/-

Finally ordered the LX75. Went to reliance today have a demo they had a LE model on display which had pathetic sharpness. Guess it was a TN panel but the IPS panels by other manufacturer's had decent displays.
Also there is always something better at a little extra price. The sweetness of the deal is the price and i don't think that spending 22K on it is waste.

Hi Switch,
You got it through some dealer or institutional sale. I am also interested in this deal can you connect me to the dealer..
Cheers,

Back