Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7

Gone thru the reviews of Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7
and decided to raise my budget from 10K to suit this

how much does it costs here (is it really 23K's as on some websites like compareindia, etc>)

Its price is $280 nearly, where can I have it at best price in India or I have to buy it from overseas...?

if you dont mind the size, the DMC FZ35 is much better that that one. As per US price, T27 should be 1~2k cheaper than FZ35.

you can get an FZ 35 for 19k through ebay. Its really great for the price, great performer but defenitely lower than the cheapest DSLR like 1000D or alpha 200.

dOm1naTOr said:
if you dont mind the size, the DMC FZ35 is much better that that one. As per US price, T27 should be 1~2k cheaper than FZ35.

you can get an FZ 35 for 19k through ebay. Its really great for the price, great performer but defenitely lower than the cheapest DSLR like 1000D or alpha 200.

What about the grey market prices of fz35 in new dELHI?

If you are ready to compromise on the compact form factor of the TZ7 against the FZ35, then FZ35 is the clear winner.

No qualms against the TZ7 as it is a great camera in its own way, but FZ35 has tons of features to play with.

I was in the same dilemma in the month of December, and I spent 2 hours right in the shop deciding between the two. I finally went with FZ35 and have never been let down by it.

In Delhi you can get the FZ35 for about 19k in Palika Bazaar. I will suggest the same shop from where I b ought mine, Solar Digital Cam. He is also on ebay and has a good rating. If you go to Palika, then do look around and ask a few shopkeepers about the price. You just might get a better deal somewhere else. Do get a Class 6 SDHC memory card for it as the AVCHDLite HD video recoding needs those speeds.

I don't know much about Gaffar Market but I suppose you'll find the camera there as well.

All the best!

EDIT: Take a look at this - http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=PSDMCZS3S&id=PSDMCZS3S&l=PRICEGRABB

phoenix844884 said:
If you are ready to compromise on the compact form factor of the TZ7 against the FZ35, then FZ35 is the clear winner.

No qualms against the TZ7 as it is a great camera in its own way, but FZ35 has tons of features to play with.

I was in the same dilemma in the month of December, and I spent 2 hours right in the shop deciding between the two. I finally went with FZ35 and have never been let down by it.

In Delhi you can get the FZ35 for about 19k in Palika Bazaar. I will suggest the same shop from where I b ought mine, Solar Digital Cam. He is also on ebay and has a good rating. If you go to Palika, then do look around and ask a few shopkeepers about the price. You just might get a better deal somewhere else. Do get a Class 6 SDHC memory card for it as the AVCHDLite HD video recoding needs those speeds.

I don't know much about Gaffar Market but I suppose you'll find the camera there as well.

All the best!

EDIT: Take a look at this - Panasonic DMC-ZS3S 10.1mp Digital Camera - Silver

Camera is not available in gaffar market.!

I was talking about the grey market price.

Since the camera is selling at 18.4k with 2years warranty on ebay by solar digital cam. I suppose the grey market price should be around 15- 16k ? right?

@ dOm1naTOr/phoenix844884

actually form factor is the main pblm
I have to buy this cm for home (parents), and can't handover a FZ35 for it is big and so much functioality is not req'd

TZ7 was just a extreme as it has a lot of features for a compact camera...and can be bought at arond 12K from abroad....actually it was my extreme choice....

earlier i thought of:

Nikon coolpix L20 or Canon powershot A1100IS or Canon Ixux 95IS

main needs are

1st and most is Gud pic quality

easy to use

gud features

The coolpix L20:
It has gud quality, easy to use & AA battery, 3" 230000 resol. screen
but image stablisation is not there as per reviews & almost no manual controls

A1100IS:
quality OK(L20 has better quality than this as per reviews), AA battries & some manual controls
but screeen is 2.5" and 115000 resl.(low resl)

Ixux 95IS:
gud quality, 3"screen 230000 resl,
but no AA battries
I had a bit inclination towards AA batteries as there is little issue of keeping cam battery charged as batteries as comparitively inexpensive and readily available.

warewolf4586 said:
I had a bit inclination towards AA batteries as there is little issue of keeping cam battery charged as batteries as comparitively inexpensive and readily available.

i find it the other way. li-ion batteries on a single recharge have almost double backup than a regular AA battery and almost three times than a ni-mh AA fully charged.

Moreover Li-ion charges much quickly than ni-MH AA ones. Just buy one or two extra Li-ion battery for the specific cam, and its good to go to last a whole week of camping.

If portability is an issue, then TZ7 defenitely wins oner the FZ35. But remember, the FZ35 has good IA "Intelligent Auto" mode as well as modes with everythin in manual. You can create wonders with the manual controls [probably not as much as with a DSLR :p)
Also there are some other good choices in that category too.
SX 200 IS: Canon Digital Cameras | Canon SX200 IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera on Foostor
H20: Sony Digital Cameras | Sony DSC-H20 10.1MP Digital Camera on Foostor
sammy WB 500: Samsung Digital Cameras | Samsung WB500 10.2MP Digital Camera on Foostor

these cam's are pretty costly

I think I have to settle for sm1 from the three I mentioned earlier

Nikon coolpix L20 or Canon powershot A1100IS or Canon Ixux 95IS

any experience / suggetion ?

I agree with Dominator. Go in for Li-ion battery based camera. They last far longer than any rechargeable batteries would.

If you are not going for the TZ7/ZS3, then go for the Canon IXUS series camera. They are good VFM with superb picture quality.

Back