Camera Panasonic Lumix FZ150 or aything else?

observer

Disciple
I am looking forward to buy a Bridge Camera with a budget of around 22,000/- Hopefully get some coupon deal and get the price further down. I am not a pro but have owned a Canon DV CAM.
The Panasonic FZ150 has a lot of positive reviews and seems to be a good all rounder. I am not a fan extreme zooms, so the specs of FZ150 fits my needs.
I was trying to shop the camera over the net, but most (India) shopping sites is showing out of stock. It is listed on ebay in, but the price seems too high.
So can somebody guide me to where I can buy it at the cheapest?
Or is that FZ200 has bumped out this model? Then what is the best alternate to it?
Is FZ45 or FZ47 a competitive contender? The FZ47 is slower and does not have the RAW format. Not having these features, is it a big compromise?
Confused, please guide me!!

Thanks

Z150 is quite old,get the FZ200 it has a fast lens f2.8 for the entire zoom range,which means the camera can shoot at a lower ISO then others,resulting in better quality photos.

But you can also consider the mirrorless cameras,you will have to buy lenses but the image quality will be several notches up.

Try with the local stores... Almost all the online sellers put Out of Stock banner...

Seems like FZ200 will hit sooner than I expected. Lets see...

Should I opt for a Canon 1100D against FZ150? I know they are two different categories, yet 1100D is selling at around 22k with kit lens(lesser than FZ150 when it was available). I may not get the zoom power immediately with the kit lens, but slowly I can extend the kit as budget permits. My present needs are family and travel photos, but with stunning qualities.

If you're interested in photography you can very well go with DSLR. Telephoto lens will be expensive and will cost more than what you are paying for this camera.

Image quality comes with price. You have to decide what you want.

If you can't find FZ150, you can check the rivals... HX100V/HX200V or SX40.

I had ordered an FZ200 for 28k off ebay(which imo was a good price considering fz150 was 22-24k in most sites) listing on 12th but on 17th the dealer called and offered a refund claiming it was oos. I agreed. I then ordered it again off another dealer with the 1.5k off coupon and now the description now says item not in stock though the listing still shows 10+ available :bomb:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Panasonic-LU...tal_Cameras&hash=item416c19bb25#ht_4962wt_948

Also, apparently the price has now gone back up to mrp in sites like amazon for the camera as well. Seems like tough times to buy an FZ200 despite the fact that many users seem to be unimpressed with the camera compared to the FZ150.

Back