Panasonic LZ10 + 8GB MicroSDHC possible?

I think 4GB is good enough for normal usage in case of 10MP pictures. LZ10 has an average size of 3.5~4 MB per 10MP picture. So in case of pictures alone, you can easily store above 1000 pics in a 4GB card.

Regarding videos in 848x480 at 30 FPS, you can shoot a max of 45 mins in a 4GB card. It's really not good for shooting big videos at high resolutions. It's good for short under 30 mins videos that you can transfer to your PC immediately and convert it to a better codec for better compression.

So if you'll be shooting more videos, then do get a 8GB card.

Thanks for your time arun.

Also pls tell me whether an SD adapter is necessary with the microSD card for LZ10,

Does the Camera have USB2.0 interface?
And what do u use a card reader or the included USB cable to transfer pics?

njankit said:
Thanks for your time arun.

Also pls tell me whether an SD adapter is necessary with the microSD card for LZ10,

Does the Camera have USB2.0 interface?
And what do u use a card reader or the included USB cable to transfer pics?

Yes, SD adapter is necessary for a Micro SD card as it has a SD slot. LZ10 does not have USB 2.0, it uses USB 1.1 which has a speed of about 1 MBps transfer rate.

I do not have a card reader so I use the USB cable, but with a card reader you can transfer really fast compared to the USB 1.1 speed. SO if you're getting card reader also along with it, it's that much better. :)

Back