Android Pantech Burst got heated while charging and now its dead

irfanlai

Adept
Hi,

I had recently bought Pantech Burst from a TE member who had bought this from iBhejo.
It was working fine until last night I kept it on charging when battery was below 15%. After around 45 min I checked...Phone back was hot...very hot and battery % was showing as 21%. I immediately remove it from charging and switch off the phone....till then device was working fine.
Today morning when I tried to switch On the device its not starting and if I keep it on charging, within 2-3 min battery starts heating up. I guess there is some big issue with the device now.

Help required.
1. Should I try with a new battery to confirm whether its a battery issue or device issue
1. It was brought from iBhejo, so how to claim the warranty. Can anybody explain the process.
2. Will I require the bill or any other doc while claiming warranty
3. How much will I be charged for all shipping if I am claiming the warranty.

Please advice. Its difficult to be on Nokia N82.
Emil I will require your help while claiming warranty.

@crackuc @kuduku @vivek.krishnan @prateekS Please advice

Last edited by a moderator:
As per what I had inquired, they will accept failed products upto 3 months. So you are well within the time frame. I had given you all the paperwork with the phone but they didn't send any invoice other than the one which was used for the shipment. I will email them today and ask them to email me a proper invoice. Please immediately PM me your email address so I can keep you in the loop for all communication. I shall help you in whatever way possible.

As per what I had inquired, they will accept failed products upto 3 months. So you are well within the time frame. I had given you all the paperwork with the phone but they didn't send any invoice other than the one which was used for the shipment. I will email them today and ask them to email me a proper invoice. Please immediately PM me your email address so I can keep you in the loop for all communication. I shall help you in whatever way possible.

Thanks @Emil

I tried calling the customer care number 022-61326132. The IVR just keeps on waiting and no representative to pickup.
Their website not working, giving some MySQL server error.

Where is their office located in Mumbai.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember where their office is. Isn't there an address on any of the papers?
The number that was on the order acknowledgement email and shipping advice email was Tel: +(91) 022-4064 1000
I too am not able to access their website right now. Hope it starts working soon. Meanwhile I will email them also with CC to you.
In case you get through, the order number was 45100964

Phone is working...Figured out what the issue was....The memory card was giving issue....I removed it or replaced it then device booting and working fine...I was using 1 old Toshiba micro sd card....

Still confused why the memory card was not allowing to boot..and heating up the phone...Anyways I am not using the micro sd card for now

Let me share what all happened when I went to iBhejo...
I bought this device from Emil....so he had to sent a mail from his registered id to get the RMA form....He filled up and mailed me the form...
On Saturday I took the form and phone with box and all accessories to their Santcruz address which is mentioned on their site...
When I reached there....I had to search iBhejo coz there was no Name or banner.....nobody there knows that iBhejo office is here....Finally got a Letter box which had iBhejo name on it but the office was closed...When I inquired with the watchman he said they rarely open....
Immediately called their Support number...they said that you need to mail us back the RMA form then we will provide the warehouse address...By the time I got the address...the technician had left the office as said by Support...
Finally somehow tried with removing microsd card and phone started...then tried with different micro sd card...device working fine.

I am relieved to hear that all is well. Sad that you had to make that trip on Saturday. We ought to put up the story clearly here so other members will know how to go about their RMA.
Irfanlai reported the problem to me. Since I had made the purchase, iBhejo would probably only move if I initiated the contact. I first contacted them on chat and they gave me a number to call support. I also asked the address in Mumbai and they gave me a Vakola address.
I called the support number and I was told to email them with the complaint. They responded promptly by sending me the RMA form.
The instruction to fill up the RMA form and courier the material to them in the original packing along with the filled up RMA form. They did not mention where it was to be sent and I mistakenly assumed it would be to the same address given by chat support.
BTW the warranty wording declares that it covers unused items. So the 3 months looks pointless.
Anyway, because of that unused clause, we both thought it would be best for irfanlai to go there personally rather than courier it. He could only do that on the weekend, so he made the long trip to Vakola only to find disappointment as he has posted above. He was also told that the RMA form had to be emailed back and then they would give the delivery address. He called me from there and I immediately emailed the RMA form to support and then called them. They again promptly reverted with the address which is near Saki Naka. By then it was too late on Saturday evening for irfanlai to reach their people as they had left for the day. I was told that they are available on Sunday too.
Irfanlai and I would like all members here to be aware of how iBhejo works so you do not waste time in future.
On the whole, they seem co-operative but in this case we did not have to go the whole hog to test their RMA system.

Hello
I have bought pantech burst around 4 months back, it was working perfectly. Yesterday suddenly it started heating up and got switched off. I took out battery and kept it to cool off. But after that PHONE is not SWITCHING ON. I unplugged sim card and memory card but than too its is showing no response. I plugged in power for an hour and more but i m getting no response from phone. Does anybody have any idea about this . Please help[DOUBLEPOST=1367089672][/DOUBLEPOST]I too had bought from iBhejo .... does anyone know procedure to avail warranty

Hello
I have bought pantech burst around 4 months back, it was working perfectly. Yesterday suddenly it started heating up and got switched off. I took out battery and kept it to cool off. But after that PHONE is not SWITCHING ON. I unplugged sim card and memory card but than too its is showing no response. I plugged in power for an hour and more but i m getting no response from phone. Does anybody have any idea about this . Please help[DOUBLEPOST=1367089672][/DOUBLEPOST]I too had bought from iBhejo .... does anyone know procedure to avail warranty

Check my full thread for warranty......I doubt they will give warranty....what I have noticed is if the device is DOA then you can get a new device....else no.

Warranty is for 3-4 months....I am not sure what does it mean.

Back