Car & Bike Paper work needed for Car transfer to Pune from Gurgaon

bhaskarvyas001

Disciple
Hi All,

I recently relocated to Pune from Gurgaon.
With other stuffs I also got my car moved with me.
But unlike my assumption (i.e. one can easily take his personal vehicle any where in country) , I hear troubled stories from my friend about the traffic police harassing people with number plates from different states.
So, in order to escape the daily hassles I would like to get the minimum set of paper work done so that I don't get into any trouble.

These are what I have found out related to paper work needed,
1. You need NOC (No objection Certificate) from original state RTO department only if you wish to get the CAR re-registered in the new state i.e. get a new number plate.

2. Since I do not want a new number plate, I can just pay the road tax of the new state and that along with other car papers i.e. RC, Pollution check and Insurance would suffice.

People who have relocated in past or have information related to same please help me out.
I would also appreciate if one can tell me the estimated cost of road tax in Pune.

Advance thanks... :yes:

- - - Updated - - -

no one ??? Guys please help...

I think the Road Tax depends on which vehicle which is being brought in.

Can a vehicle registered in one state can be used in another state?
A vehicle registered in one state can be used in other state with the same registration number for temporary purpose. The registration number is valid throughout the India, but if vehicle is migrated to some other state for long use then the fresh registration number from the state the vehicle is migrated to needs to taken and taxes to be paid. Taxes paid at time of registration are motor vehicle taxes for that particular state not for India. For more details see NOC & transfer.

Click here for more information.

if you have some friends who can send you a petrol bill every month from gurgaon, you can continue with same registration.
if the police catches you, show them the petrol bills and tell'em i am here for a short period only .
That works :)

Back