Laptops Parallel Import (dealers and members both give their suggestions)

yadusaiyan

Disciple
Actually i have a few questions about parallel Import stuff and unethical practises
Now i want to buy a Lenovo Laptop and after getting many quotes from shops
I am got a quote 5K less than other shops
While giving quote i asked him that is it include VAT then he said yes and also said it genuine sealed pack
I directly asked him that is it a parallel import he said no its genuine product and said that he both some laptops in lot and also got better deals directly from market.
Then he said that the market prices are 5k more but we have got a lot of those specific laptop so the discount Also he said that he can give best rates of any laptop I come across.
Now
1)IT might be a parallel import
2)Or they change any stuff like give duplicate accesories or change original batteries or swappable stuff of laptop

If its parallel import that a laptop has a international warranty right so will it be better to go for the parallel import stuff

But if other like swap original stuff then its not worth buying (i dont know this swapping thing i am just guessing)
So please members and Dealers please give ur inputs on the above doubts

it doesnt mean they 'll swap stuff with fake ones.. u can always check before u pay.. maybe the other dealers r goin on the reseller rates and he's ready to lower his price for better sales.. i once got a killer deal on a laptop 4k off when other shops werent even goin for 1k off even.. some people push that extra bit for a sale man.. dont be shocked. if ur getting a good deal and it all feels right when u check the laptop... go for it.

I heard that in lamington road the parallel import stuff are given with vat bill but there is no serial number on the VAT bill.

Also is it safe to buy a laptop(parallel imported).Laptops have international warranty so can i claim warranty.Normally pc components (like MB ,Proc RAM,LCD ) have local warranty so their warranty is void.But what about Laptops ??

So the thing is that can the warranty be claimed for laptops specifically.

Cause 5K difference is huge Also i forgot to mention the freebies he offered

1)Headphone with mic

2)Mousepad with usb mouse

3)cleaning kit

4)Scratch guard

5)USB laptop light

6)Laptop lock

7)Cooling pad

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Not all laptops have international warranty.
international warranty is one of the prime features that a laptop carries.

one that doesnt come with that is not fit for corporates atleast. Don't bother buying those brands.

PS: Netbook is different from Notebook whether listed under same category or note, thus brands may have different policies for them.

toxicdrift said:
it doesnt mean they 'll swap stuff with fake ones.. u can always check before u pay.. maybe the other dealers r goin on the reseller rates and he's ready to lower his price for better sales..
Correct, all it means is they have got a product that the manufacturer did not intend to sell in India. It's still a genuine product.

yadusaiyan said:
Also is it safe to buy a laptop(parallel imported).Laptops have international warranty so can i claim warranty.Normally pc components (like MB ,Proc RAM,LCD ) have local warranty so their warranty is void.But what about Laptops ??
So the thing is that can the warranty be claimed for laptops specifically.
It's safe to buy, the question is whether the warranty will apply. This depends on the manufacturer and will vary from one to the other. It would be better to confirm this sort of info with the official vendor in your city before opting to go for a parallel import.

Otherwise you will be left with a hefty bill in case of a problem later.

I don't you understood what i meant, choose a laptop say lenovo, now contact lenovo in your city and ask them whether they will warranty the particular model# you are interested in. if they do, then check that the laptop works in the shop, by getting the diagnostics software for the laptop from lenovo's site.

If it passes the test then i don't see why there should be a problem as you're covered warranty wise as well.

Back