Partial PC upgrade !!

swarna

Recruit
Q: What is your budget?
between 10k to 15k.

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel E6300
Motherboard - Intel DG965WH
GPU - Nvidia 7600gs
RAM - Corsair 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2
Monitor - Dell ST2410
SMPS - Gigabyte 460w
Hard Drive: WD 640GB AAKS
Cabinet : Zebronics Antibiotic.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - Dell ST2410
SMPS - Gigabyte 450w
Cabinet : Zebronics Antibiotic.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel OR AMD
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
GPU - Good enough for CPU to avoid Bottleneck maybe in some midrange.
RAM(mostly Value one ,reasonable but not too expensive.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Online or TE dealer
Open to online purchase.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No Idea , enlighten me, please.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
FPS

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080
Desktop - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 32 bit
Linux - Mandriva

CPU - AMD AthlonII X3 440 - 3.4k (Theitwares/SMC Intl)
Motherboard - MSI 880GM-E41/ Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H ~ 4.1k(Theitwares/SMC Intl)
GPU - MSI Raedon HD5750 ~ 6.5k/ MSI Nvidia GTS450 ~ 6.9k (Better drivers for Linux?) (Theitwares/SMC Intl)
RAM - Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz ~ 1k (DVDStore)

Total: 15-15.4k

*Note: Prices are taken from TE dealers.
*2-3 SATA ports of the Gigabyte 880G board can get blocked by a long GPU. Check for the length of the GPU that u buy.

i would suggest only to upgrade GPU like ati 5770,6850 or nvidia 460.A good cpu+mobo+ram cost u more than 10k so no money left for a good gpu.

^^

If you buy a AMD HD 6850 you'll need a better PSU Corsair VX 450 atleast + a bigger cabinet the Antibiotic will get caked with dust and doesn't have sufficient space + it will eat 11K out of your budget in a single go :rofl:.

^^

Are you crazy a four year old Gigabyte 450 W PSU handling a HD 6850* <he won't even be utilizing the card to the fullest as the processor and RAM will be bottlenecks> and as I read now that he will use Linux I support Dark Angle and say that OP goes for a GTS 450 primarly because it has better driver support.

* I was scared to put a ATi HD 5770 on a Cooler Master eXtreme Power 500W PSU and bought a Real Power Pro 460W ~ 3.7K, so I recommend OP change his PSU too instead of further losses in after upgrade replacement section.

why are u so freaked out about PSU. recommending more than enough for what will at par satisfy it. my power requirement will not be more than 200w,also i don't have dvd writer.
OK guys got this from AMD website:
for hd 6850 :500 Watt or greater power supply recommended
and your recommended power supply is not on their list..
For HD 5750:
450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended.

ur PSU can handle current config and 6850.but its not going to be balanced as processor u have is not powerful enough.As of now just buy 6850 and later upgrade cpu+mobo+ram. its really hard to sell used stuff so buy hardware sensibly.....

ALPHA17 said:
^^

Are you crazy a four year old Gigabyte 450 W PSU handling a HD 6850* <he won't even be utilizing the card to the fullest as the processor and RAM will be bottlenecks> and as I read now that he will use Linux I support Dark Angle and say that OP goes for a GTS 450 primarly because it has better driver support.

* I was scared to put a ATi HD 5770 on a Cooler Master eXtreme Power 500W PSU and bought a Real Power Pro 460W ~ 3.7K, so I recommend OP change his PSU too instead of further losses in after upgrade replacement section.
A 4870 can be handled by a cooler master extreme 500w psu,then i dont see how would a 6850 would cause problem on his psu.

A 4870 can be handled by a cooler master extreme 500w psu,then i dont see how would a 6850 would cause problem on his psu.

What you don't know is many people here have lost valuable components by using the same PSU , CM exTREME series. So might as well suggest a PSU in the same range in the likes of Corsair .

hash said:
What you don't know is many people here have lost valuable components by using the same PSU , CM exTREME series. So might as well suggest a PSU in the same range in the likes of Corsair .

I haven't seen any problems on my friends and my on secondary system.

^

Bruv one example doesn't mean all are fine the Cooler Master eXtreme series is one of the saddest brand PSU's available marginally better than Zebby, VIP + a price premium that is why I was suggesting OP a better PSU than risking his equipment. A Seasonic S12D 430W ~ 2.3K or Corsair CX 400 ~ 2.7K or atleast FSP Saga II 400W ~ 2K will serve him well.

ALPHA17 said:
^

Bruv one example doesn't mean all are fine the Cooler Master eXtreme series is one of the saddest brand PSU's available marginally better than Zebby, VIP + a price premium that is why I was suggesting OP a better PSU than risking his equipment. A Seasonic S12II 430W ~ 2.3K or Corsair CX 400 ~ 2.7K or atleast FSP Saga II 400W ~ 2K will serve him well.
Corrected the model number for u... Seasonic S12II 430w is not from the Seasonic Silent Series :p

ALPHA17 said:
^

Bruv one example doesn't mean all are fine the Cooler Master eXtreme series is one of the saddest brand PSU's available marginally better than Zebby, VIP + a price premium that is why I was suggesting OP a better PSU than risking his equipment. A Seasonic S12D 430W ~ 2.3K or Corsair CX 400 ~ 2.7K or atleast FSP Saga II 400W ~ 2K will serve him well.

Errrr... The PSU that he has is a FSP 400w OEM. You are advising him to sell that and get another FSP 400watter :p

I am sure OP got the PSU only recently (max 1 year back) coz the Gigabyte Superb 460 PSU is pretty new to the market.

@OP- Your PSU can handle the HD6850. But then go for energy efficient CPU when upgrading and dont OC the CPU/GPU much. You should be fine :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@OP - Do you have this C2D model?

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6300 (2M Cache, 1.86 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)

It will be a huge bottleneck IMO.

DG965WH Processor Compatibility

Your board doesnt support 45nm proccies too :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ideal upgrade -

Sell CPU - Intel E6300 ~ 1.3k

Motherboard - Intel DG965WH ~ 1.2k

GPU - Nvidia 7600gs ~ 1k

RAM - Corsair 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2 ~ 1k

Total: ~ 4.5k (Might get a bit more) Post here for more accurate pricing http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buying-advice/how-much-can-i-sell-thread-147733-139.html

Increased budget is now ~19.5k.

AthlonII X3 440 - 3.4k (Decent chance that it might might unlock to a AthlonII X4 quad :) )

MSI 880GM-E41 - 4.1k (Coz the Gigabyte 880G board's SATA ports will get blocked due to HD6850. MSI has right angled SATA ports. )

Corsiar 2GB 1333MHz Value Ram - 1k

MSI Raedon HD6850 1GB GDDR5 - 10.8k

Total: ~19.3k

Back